Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner

Exhaust under 86db???

3K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  Xstriker 
#1 ·
The pace i wanna ride requires 86d or less for exhaust:disgust:
I want it loud and throaty i like the deep muscle sounding exhaust any ideas:confused:

#2 ·
um, stock would be about your best bet, you may could go with like a power tip or somethin....it would make it a little deeper and throatier, but not as loud as an aftermarket exhaust. hope this helps

#3 ·
This is a way to close the riding areas i don't know of any exhaust that can get under 86db's the libs and enviroweenies will try to get us one way or another, I have a new dishwasher thats 76db's and i can barely hear it the human voice at normal conversation is 75 db's no way to keep the beast under 86 I think the engine noise alone is at least that or higher the crackheads are after us so beware and fight.

#4 ·
I say screw it haha I am just going to go with a louder and hope I don't get caught here it to the maker of these ridicules rules:birds:

#5 ·
I know that the area might be private but technically they can not ask u to be lower than what the OEM is since this was measured and approved by the federal government. I know the OEM exhaust is higher than 86db.

But again if it's private, they can do whatever they want.

#6 ·
I dont know if it is considered private it is a State Park
the rule states:

"Motorized vehicles must be equipped with functioning brakes and muffler, with noise limit not to exceed 96dBA. Motorcycles and all-terrain vehicles (ATVs) must be equipped with a spark arrestor."

My mistake I thought it was 86 it is 96

still any idea it does not make sense to me because dune buggys are allowed how many dune buggys are less than 96 db

#7 ·
Then there are some aftermarkets exhaust that also sell a silencer which will bring it down to 96. Was going to say....never heard of a place that required 86db and the state park must obide by the federal law which is 96db on OEM equipment. Matter of fact, heard that they are trying to bring it down lower than 96db on new vehicles.

#11 ·
I like the barkers all black full exhaust all black I looked on their website it was around $770 is there any place cheaper than the barkes websit

#12 ·
hmf makes a quiet full system exhaust thats pretty close to the same power as the normal system, check it out on their site, it might be what your looking for.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.