Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
shock arms question

so we would all love to have the houser rear arms but when it all comes down to it all we can do is do what we can afford.

iam sold on houser front arms and fox float evol shocks up front. I have been thinking to save money i would do spacers and fox podiums on the rear.

after talking to a some one at houser i was told it would be 5 grand for houser and fox shocks on all corners.

with houser up front and fox front and rear it would cost just a hair over 3 grand...

now think if you could get a loan for shocks and arms would you go front and rear arms or front arms and spacers, now think for a few about the type of riding you do.

so what would you decide to do with what you can afford

·
Premium Member
3,923 Posts
ok funny thing I have been researching the shocks as well. I spoke to Fox today and they gave me the following information:

Float X Evol part 830-21-013 for 700xx MSRP $1495
Podium X 831-27-015 for 700xx just being released MSRP $995

Said the only A Arms that they fit are Houser, Roll Design and Stock but he stated I need to do the A Arms first because of the size difference obviously. When I told him I found the Floats for a lot cheaper he said that he wasnt surprised and I should if I went to a dealer and haggled I could get them for A LOT less because they only sell direct to people for MSRP. Maybe if we can get a few of us and find one dealer we can get a better price? I have decided the shocks are more important for me to change then anything else right now.

Is anyone on this site and authorized FOX dealer?

If anyone knows a better shock for the rear please let me know but after looking at the video of the 700xx I am very excited about the FOX SHOCKS...

http://www.foxracingshox.com/atv/videos/all/page=1/id=105

(thanks Joe)

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Banned
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
iam with you, my riding suffers because of the shocks, i belive i can ride much harder and better with after market shocks...... and changing the arms and shocks in the front and shocks in the rear is a good idea

if we can get a good deal on shocks and possibly arms iam in

·
Banned
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok back to the origional question.... think of what you can honestly afford

would you do arms and shocks all the way around

arms and shocks up front and revalve in the rear

keep stock arms and just get shocks all the way around

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts

·
Banned
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
what a silly title haha but its true..... unlike the desert guys who have the room to extend their front and rear arms.... in the east iam not sure if its a good idea or not, I do lots of woods and some open dirt road riding and I have loved the idea of extended arms.

how ever the past few weeks all i can think about is getting my shocks revalved or getting new shocks, somthing has to give on this quad no matter what you do, new wheels, new bars, new this or that... the ride quality ( if you pay attion ) is vary well not bad but it could be better.

my plan so far has been to get fox float evol's and houser arms up front, how ever the past day or so I have though maybe extending is a bad thing i mean i see the gncc guys do it threw the woods as well their are some places i ride where i just do make it between some trees or past a rock ect ect.

so now iam thinking maybe just get the fox floats evol's for my factory arms. even at factory width and length I think i could still be competitive at the local hair scrambles because of the better shocks...

how ever i would like ideas/opinions from every one else

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
I ride mostly trails only, I would do shocks all the way around. If your not a pro I don't think the money is justified to spend on extended A-arms. Just get some spacers to slap on it when you decide to go desert riding or whatever you need the stability for. Then when you get back to your trails and cruising take em off.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
I ride mostly trails only, I would do shocks all the way around. If your not a pro I don't think the money is justified to spend on extended A-arms. Just get some spacers to slap on it when you decide to go desert riding or whatever you need the stability for. Then when you get back to your trails and cruising take em off.
:stupid: 1110% (and what i'll be doing)

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
lol, Did he really get banned as his avatar states?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts