Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok! Just purchase an 06 Lariat and now am wondering if my bike will fit in the bed or not.

Can you guys let me know if it does.

Thanks

·
Registered
538 Posts
congrats, need pics :)

extended cab, crew cab, short bed, long bed?

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Short bed or long?

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looks like a regular bed 6' and it's an extended cab, guess that's what you call them, it has rear seats but no seperate rear door. It's sweet and sounds great. Whomever had it prior install a K&N CAI with Dual exhaust and I just order the SCT X3 programmer.

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'll post pictures hopefully this weekend

·
Registered
132 Posts
I got a crew cab short bed and it fits but i cant close the tailgate. Its an '06

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Is that what I have? Sorry but I'm new with these vehicles.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Should fit (with tailgate closed) with a short bed/extended cab, prob have to leave the tailgate down if it were a crew cab (4 door)

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Cool! Now I just need to sell my camper shell and have the bed line x and be ready to rock and roll

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
it is very close with the short bed the sides aren't a problem. The back you just can't close the tailgate. If it's a longer trip I will use big zip ties to hold the tailgate closed hooked to the tiedowns inthe back of the bed. I have an 05' F150 FX4

·
Registered
284 Posts
Joe, it will fit fine with the tailgate closed. Not sure if you remember seeing my truck at Busco, but before I bought the trailer I carried mine and my daughters in the back with the tailgate down of course. With just the XX you will have enough room to put a spare tire in front between the truck bed and front bumper to keep it locked into place and prevent any movement.

When I get home from work I'll post pics of mine int he bed.

·
Registered
189 Posts
That was the main problem when I was lookign at new trucks. Finding a 2011 turck with 4 doors non being the suicide doors that had a bed bigg enough to fit the atv with out haveing to leave the tailgate down.

·
Premium Member
686 Posts
The bed lengths are 5.5', 6.5', and 8'.

With the 5.5', the tailgate has to be left open. If you have a super cab, most likely it has a 6.5' bed. Not a problem.

·
Registered
308 Posts
The bed lengths are 5.5', 6.5', and 8'.

With the 5.5', the tailgate has to be left open. If you have a super cab, most likely it has a 6.5' bed. Not a problem.

Joe,
Admin is correct. If you have a super cab it would be 6.5' bed and you will not have a problem fitting it in there. If you had a 8' bed you would be able to tell and a 5' bed would need the tailgate down so you would need a tailgate extender of some sort. If your not certain pm me the vin and I'll run it in the parts catalog.

Hope your doing good, will miss riding with ya this year.

Dan

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks for the info, mine is 6.5 so it should be ok, just need to purchase some ramps now.....geez! more money to spend, lol!

Dan,
Might be coming up in March, depending on the weather for a weekend so might be able to ride on Friday or Saturday. We'll see since I'll be in town only for a couple of days and when I do come up.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Yeah, if it works out let me know when and I'll clear the calendar!

·
Registered
755 Posts
1 - 20 of 30 Posts