Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know what the factory ride height was w/o rider? Ive got elkas in the rear and ohlins/houser arms in the front and have messed with it now and just want to make sure Im still in the ball park!!

Front/back, measurd just behind the a-arms in the front and at the pegs in the rear.

·
Registered
755 Posts
I don't know but you should be able to set them up lower than stock to handle better. And the front should be about 1/4" higher than rear.

·
Registered
671 Posts
I don't know the exact measurements, but mine was around 11" or so, and that was with me on it. Way to high. Ride height should vary by the type of riding (XC, MX, desert, etc) and tire size. I know for Desert with 23"/22" tires, I run around 9 1/2" front, 9 1/4" rear on my 450R's. Plan on running close to that with my 700XX. Ride height is always set with the rider on the quad.

Doug

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Measured mine with the wife sitting on it and some extra weight... 9" in the front, and 8.75" in the back. Freaking Elka told me that was way too much... Thats with 21/22" tires. Im trying to figure out why when there is a rider on the quad, there is only 1/8" between the top of the middle springs xover and the bottom of the tops. I think that my SSD spring is too weak, may need a stiffer one up top, middle I think is fine, then a softer main. I just dont feel like Im getting the travel out of the rear that I should now that I have the ohlins/housers on the front.

Talking with Eric from Roll Design, hopefully he can make some suggestions, he was listed on the Elka site as a US contact. Not that Elka was unfriendly at all, just not as up to speed on the XX.

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
I was running 10.5" front and back . Way to high but I had stock rears and they don't move much. I have a better set on the rear and aiming for around 9" frame clearance for XC racing. :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts