Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had a 400ex for 10 years now, and it is a great bike, but I've been itching for something new with more power and smoother ride. With the deals going on right now I had to pull the trigger!

I took her out for my first ride today, it's been raining nonstop for the last few days. Me and a buddy were out cruising the trails and started heading towards the mountains to see if we could hit some snow. We had to go over 20 miles but found some nice sweet powder on a trail through a mountain pass. So sweet! I'm loving the IRS and I know there is no way my 400ex could have made it without getting stuck. The trail was rutted up and had almost a foot of snow and with the ground clearance this beast has I was blown away. I don't even think the bottom of my bike was touching the snow. I was able to make it almost as easily as my buddy's 4wd polaris he was riding. One thing I did notice while going up a long rutted windy hill in the snow was that I was getting a "chatter" sound. Not sure if it was the chain or the motor? The hill was pretty brutal and the ruts were wider then the bike so i was kinda all over the place, with many ruts and rocks I couldn't even see under the snow. I could tell the motor was being taxed a bit but made it with no issues at all. For a "break in" ride it passed with flying colors, we went almost 60 miles today! :yay:

I'm loving the power and the feel it has for the rocky rough trails in LV, feels right at home. I know I will miss being able to powerslide like I could on the 400ex, but the trade off with IRS is worth it. The ride is a little rougher then I expected, but still much better then my 400ex. I defintely want to get a steering stabilizer for my first mod. My 400ex has one and it made a world of difference on long rides. The CCP Dampener sounds like the way to go from what I've been reading. Down the road, the Fuel Moto PC-V, Intake and Full exhaust.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
you can still power slide on the 700 just need to lean harder

·
Registered
425 Posts
Head up to cold creek..some trails up there.

Apex had mud so i was there gettting it dirtay

and welcome to the site.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Welcome

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
Welcome to the site

·
Registered