Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I have the break in over with, and now a buddy has called and set up a ride with everyone. :hey: Out here is Polaris country, nothing but Sportsman 800's. I have never ridden one, but how do you guys think I will fare? I think the trails will be no prob, but when we hit the roads here and there, will they get me in straight aways? I'd assume they are pretty fast, even for the heavy weights they are. I know everyone will be wanting to test me, so this will be a long night... but I'm R E A D Y..... :D :lol:

·
Registered
551 Posts
Dont worry bout those POOHlaris's they might beat u out of the hole casue of the auto but thats the last u'll see of them unless u race for 10 miles. LOL

·
Registered
984 Posts
X2... Practice your launches and you'll be the guy noone can beat!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Whew, well, finally did get to come back on and post, was a crazy sunday, spent most of it cleaning my XX! :lol: Well, we started Saturday evening around 7pm. I was on the 700xx (only one in my area somehow) another on a Rincon?? 500, another on a Sportsman 700, and the one buddy that has a Sportsman 800, was riding his friends 450r (his Sportsman was out due to a bearing problem in the rear right tire) and the 450r was full exaust, filter, and some controller on it. We hit some small rock road to get to our first tough ride, went well, we all were just putting around. When we got to the first area, I wasn't enthused at all... trail was just wide enough to fit through, turns everywhere, deeply rutted, and all mud.. I think I fared well, almost stuck a few times, only because I was behind the guy with the 450r, so when he'd stop, or kill it (it randomly died at times for no reason, the owner beats the crud out of it) I would stop, then nearly stuck trying to go again. I killed it way too many times in the process, kind of frustrating me.:steamed: I looked like a moron, always stopping, kicking it into neutral, starting again, only to kill it down the trail abit more. And if I'd kill it in reverse, was quite a chore to get it back to neutral again, figured after a while, rock it a bit while shifting, it'd get it back there. One thing I noticed, while it may have been due to traction, it was a bit of a hassle to get it to turn, wasnt the smallest radius, but by far not as small as I thought it should have been. At least I wasn't on the Sportsman, that thing is a tank to turn. To be honest, while it may have been due to rider inexperience, and my first actual clutch atv, I think the trail we were on would be better suited for an atuo 4x4 atv, but thats just me. After we got out of the slop, we hit a few old farm dirt roads, and that was fun! Some rocky old roads followed and we stopped for a break. I was really surprised the guys I was with didn't wan't to race or anything, the ego and their big atv's usually get the best of them, but I think the short road ride there put them in their place, I kinda opened it up a bit. Overall, I had a great time, and would love to go again, but the guys don't ride as much really, so I think I'll have to be a lone wolf for a bit. I'd prefer that route anyway, they were just slowing me down :hey::lmao:

Oh yeah, got tons of pictures to put up! Ones when I brought her home, ones before I went riding that night, ones after that night (ugh so muddy), and ones after I cleaned it up! So purdy!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Was kind of bummed, alot of people didn't show, but sometime in October, I think near my bday even, we are planning a big group ride, around 20 or so people, so that may be my time to be tested.

·
Premium Member
3,923 Posts
I found it was hard to move the back end on this beast. I would see other riders barely move and roost oh no not me I felt stupid... but I started doing donuts a learned real fast how to move it, even with friends making commits bout me chasing my own tail ...ahem NASH04...now i can actually use the footpegs and my body to do it...

Have to agree the turning radius is terrible but I dont know any better... so far anyone who I have let ride it has said dam this things is hard...hard suspension...hard turning...but REAL easy on the throttle!

You will be roosting in no time! If your located near PA we ride every Sunday. Should be riding Friday and Sunday this week!!!!

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I did let one friend ride it, and he did mention how responsive the throttle was, and they all seemed impressed with it. I guess I can only get used to turning it, practice will make it much easier.
And I have to avoid the stupid trails at least for a bit.

·
Registered
115 Posts
It sounds like you just need some practice and a 13t sprocket.

You shouldn't have to be in neutral to start it BTW.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
SOILXX,
Triple XX is correct. Just pull in the clutch and hit the button, your good to go. By-the-way, that 13t sprocket is worth looking into. There are several threads within this forum pertaining to that.
Sid

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
For very technical trails, 13 Tooth front sprocket is the best but you will still have to feather the clutch in and out, that's with any clutch bike. I was in deep rutted, mud trails a couple of weeks ago and the bike did very well, just the old man was tired afterwards but was well worth it. Of all the bikes that I've own, this is the best one.

·
Registered
984 Posts
bump on the sprocket. you will not have to feather the clutch as much.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts