Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner

First ride

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  OHV Wildcat 
#1 ·
I've been haunting the forum for a couple weeks now, and finally bought a used 700XX on Friday. I got to take it out Sunday, and was very impressed. People complain about the weight, but my normal ride is an Outlander 800XT. So this thing is a ballerina to me, I felt all sorts of nimble. I was unimpressed with the pushing in corners, so I ordered a set of Razr2s for the front. And a couple new front wheels--these things are fragile, and one ride was enough to bend the snot out of my left front. I've also got a PRM front bumper, PRM grab rail, and a 13-tooth sprocket, and a Precision Pro Stabilizer on the way. I don't really need more power, but I'm considering an EHS lid and programmer. Not the exhaust--I like how calm and quiet this thing sounds. Everyone else at the riding area is sporting these super-loud pipes, and I don't understand how they can handle it or why they choose to. The lid and programmer are attractive because everyone says that more fuel makes it run cooler, and because I hate a restricted airbox. So far, I haven't found any problems from the previous owner, but I know for sure I need to change my oil and check my valve clearance.

Anyway, good to be here, and I'm excited to get to know this machine better.

#3 ·
21". I know everyone says to go with larger ones, but I didn't want to take any more weight off the front end than I had to.

#4 ·
fit a l8ton swaybar

#5 ·
Thanks! That's the plan as soon as they come available again.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.