Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, a buddy and I took my TRX700XX and his truck out to Sand Lake today.

Unfortunately, I neglected to bring my camera, so no pictures. :nuts:

Anyway, my buddy has been itching to take the 700 out, so I let him.

I watch him crest a dune, and he is gone for quite a while.

He finally appears at the top of the dune. I look closer and see a guy on a Raptor about 3 feet in front of him. As they both get closer, I see the guy on the Raptor is towing my buddy on my quad.

They pull up and my buddy says, "I think your fuel pump went out." "There's gas in it but it won't start."

I look inside the tank and it's pretty low. I ask him, "Did you try switching to the reserve?" He replies, "What?"

I show him the knob and he says "Son of a b***h." Aparently, he's never had a quad with this feature.

Needless to say, the guy on the raptor thought it was amusing. He said, "It would have made a good commercial."

I feel ashamed now.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Lol when i first rode mine it died after half an hour and i had a full tank. I was confused for 10 minutes on the side of the rode before i realized the dealer had put it on reserve. It happens.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Lol when i first rode mine it died after half an hour and i had a full tank. I was confused for 10 minutes on the side of the rode before i realized the dealer had put it on reserve. It happens.
Yeah, being towed be the Raptor is what hurts. :argh:

·
Registered
821 Posts
I'm amused that you could see your buddy, but needed further inspection to see the guy in front of him. Must beme being tired or something cause that's funny.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm amused that you could see your buddy, but needed further inspection to see the guy in front of him. Must beme being tired or something cause that's funny.
It looked like they were riding together until they got closer.

My buddy has a very distinctive white jersey and riding jacket.

I could see him, just couldn't see that he was being towed until they were closer.

It was pretty amusing though.

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
Yeah, being towed be the Raptor is what hurts. :argh:
You got let a Raptor infront sometimes or they upset being beat all the time !:haha:

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
well raptors dont have reserve found that out 3yrs ago... fun day

·
Registered
309 Posts
Similar thing happened to me the first time out - hadn't rode 15 minutes on a brand new machine and it quit out on the trail. Thoght I had bought a defective quad, but the valve was OFF and I had ran the fuel pump dry.:nuts:

·
Registered
205 Posts
Had a similiar scenario where I had it running off and on over a few days for around 20-25 minutes of runtime before it just died on me. Took me awhile but realized when i left from the dealer he had turned it to 'off'.

Thats quite a long time for off i thought >.>

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Had a similiar scenario where I had it running off and on over a few days for around 20-25 minutes of runtime before it just died on me. Took me awhile but realized when i left from the dealer he had turned it to 'off'.

Thats quite a long time for off i thought >.>
honda's are like that.. a blaster will only run for 1min on off, and my recon will run for 15 same with the xx

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.