Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well after 5 weeks of ownership, I finally got in my first ride on the XX today. It has been several months since I last went riding, and over the winter I have gotten out of shape :lol:. The first part of the trail was fairly rocky, and though I could still feel the rocks, the jarring and shaking wasn't there. The quad seems to stay more level and planted than I remember the Raptor being. I do agree about the sprocket, as in the rocks and any technical situation it tended to stall. The ground clearance is amazing - I hardly ever bottomed out, and only the largest loose rocks pointing up would hit. I actually went straight through some rutted muddy areas that would have stuck the ol' Rappy. The power is great, has great torque and is downright feisty in some situations. By the end of the day, I was getting more comfortable and riding harder, and it seems like the harder you ride it, the better the suspension works! Overall I think this is a great woods machine, and is better suited to my riding style and the terrain. Very happy :tup:

·
Registered
537 Posts
Welcome to the club!! You're going to find yourself going for the most nasty things you can try to climb or get through now. I know I do. The 13t sprocket is the single best thing I have done so far. The trails I ride here in SC are VERY rutted and technical and before the 13t I would stall in the most inappropriate place. My 400EX didn't stand a chance on the trails I was on today. What was extremely funny was that there was a traffic jam on one of the trails and these big 4x4 guys were turning around or going around this place they were all getting stuck. It was a very steep but sort of short rutted out mess with the slipperiest mud I have ever seen. It took me 3 tries to get up it but I did it. It was all about speed cuz I had the ground clearance. Made me feel good and I'm sure the guys on the big 'ol humpty dumpty 4x4's felt pretty lame. My gf even got through it on her Wolverine 450. BUt she cheated and put it on 4wd:eek:hno:

·
Premium Member
553 Posts
Yeah, the XX definitely seems to like to get pushed hard. The harder you ride it, the better it performs. She likes to be ridden hard and put away DIRTY!

·
Premium Member
2,099 Posts
The more I ride this quad the more I love it. Going from a straight axle to IRS was weird at first. I hit a step up jump at our track yesterday and overshot the landing, its in the video I posted. I hit the jump right before the deer in the video. The quad handled it with no issues at all. This a very comfortable, fast quad. Every time I get off of it I can't wait to ride it again!:yay:

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
For a long time, thought my 400EX was one of the best bike on the trails until I purchase my 700 and now there's no way I would go back to the 400, it's like going from VW to Cadillac especially after I installed some Elka front shocks

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi. Im new here and am seriously thinking of buying a xx very soon. I keep reading reveiws all over the web on the xx and it sounds like an amazing machine. But what i cant figure out is why when I talk to people in person that most of them have been telling me not to buy one?

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
Because they have not tried one yet.
I have stated before this is one of the most underestimated quad Honda will ever produce and one of there best.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Hi. Im new here and am seriously thinking of buying a xx very soon. I keep reading reveiws all over the web on the xx and it sounds like an amazing machine. But what i cant figure out is why when I talk to people in person that most of them have been telling me not to buy one?
I agree with Bax, Most who bash it never seen one on the trail.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I too was in doubt in getting this bike because of negative press and people saying how bad it handled... Well they are pure idiots:) this thing is awesome and handles great I don't even notice any body roll. The last ride I was on I saw three 700's and thought Hmmm I like the idea of the independent suspension especially in the woods which it 90% of my riding so after lurking around here for a few months and reading review after review whether it be negative or not I decided to pull the trigger on Dec 31st and get one, and I am very glad I did !

·
Registered
29 Posts
don't let the ideas of a few dumb ass's sway your decision. this thing is a monster. hands down the best trail bike i have EVER ridden. if you were local i'd let you ride mine so you can make up your own mind.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanks for the feedback guys. I have my mind pretty well made up. I found an 08 at a dealer that I can get brand new for about 5000 out the door. I hope to have it sometime next week.

·
Registered
36 Posts
shop around

Hey if a little drive doesnt bother you, you might want to do a little more shopping around. Some ppl on here are getting deals that are almost 1500.00 less than that price, but hey 5k for a MSRP 8k quad is still awesome!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Ive been shopping around for a while and so far ive only found 2 in the Minnesota, Iowa area. Many dealers can order them but cannot go down much on the price. I havent been able to find anyone that can even get a 2009 model.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Me Too

Well i wasnt sure about the bike but i did alot of research needless to say i own one now and wouldnt trade for anything. it is a great bike and handles very well. i love how it handles whoops and any type of riding. i ride dunes alot and some mountains. i am a little bit slower but not much at all. and after the day of riding and every one is ready for bed cuz there sore and wore out, you will get back on yours and keep riding to get sore. (good luck):lmao:

·
Registered
160 Posts
don't let the ideas of a few dumb ass's sway your decision. this thing is a monster. hands down the best trail bike i have EVER ridden. if you were local i'd let you ride mine so you can make up your own mind.
Yeah, I've heard a lot of bad press about the weight and handling, too. Even the articles that have positive things to say always seem to mention the handling, body roll, and weight.

Man, I would love to try one out in the real world in order to make my own decision, and not just a loop around the parking lot at the dealer either...

My problem has been finding someone that:
A. Has a 700xx in my area.
B. Rides the dunes.
and
C. Would be willing to let me try it out.

Unfortunately those stars just aren't aligning.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I got it for 5030 out the door. I havent really had a chance ta take it out though its freaking cold out right now.
:yay:Good for you I'm glad you found ya one, I'm in the same boat as you it was too cold to ride mine much I have prob about 20 mins on mine...It's killin me ! ! I took delivery Dec 31 :D Btw I found a free download of the Service manual online you will find it here
http://www.club700xx.com/vb/showthread.php?t=2195

1 - 20 of 23 Posts