Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does it affect your warranty if you do your own first service?
I called the local dealer and they said $400.00 for the first service.:confused:
I just have a hard time spending $400.00 for something I can do for about 30 bucks.

·
Registered
537 Posts
It plainly states in your owners manual you can do all of your own maintainence and not void your warranty. $400 sounds way too high. I think dealers in my area are charging in the $230-$250 range for the 1st service on the 700xx.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've called a couple of dealers around here and all the prices are the same.

Alex

·
Registered
537 Posts
I just called my local dealer and it's $162.50 plus parts which brings it to $200. That's everything called for in the manual, valves adjusted, oil/filter change, spark plug and whatever else there is.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
WOW, $162.00 is worth it, but not $400.00.
I'll have to call and ask why they are so expensive.

Alex

·
Registered
537 Posts
Gotta pay for the new boat somehow...

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
My local dealer quoted about 200 also

·
Registered
425 Posts
Did yah buy it from Ride Now motorsports on rancho.....they did mine for free after my Fuel shutoff knob fell off.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Did yah buy it from Ride Now motorsports on rancho.....they did mine for free after my Fuel shutoff knob fell off.
i stripped the front end of mine apart the other day because it was rattling. checked my plug and stuff... the fuel knob on mine was almost out. the screw was in there by just a couple threads lol. i tightened everything back up and now its silent again :D the plastics had come very loose lol, something about 80mph down the road every day does that
:nuts:

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Yes I did.
They are the ones to quote 400 also Carter Honda.
My mount (tab weld broke) for the flag broke last weekend, they said I have to bring the quad down so they can take pictures because I have to prove That I didn't break it.
It will probely take a couple of weeks.:confused:

·
Registered
537 Posts
How would the flag mount break off all by itself? I would just buy an aftermarket grab bar and be done with it. Sounds like the dealers in you area are scam artists plain and simple. If it were me, I'd drive to wherever a more reasonable dealer was and make sure I never give any of my business, or refer any business, to the dealer in question. The only way to make a dealer price services fairly it to hit them in the pocket book.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Yes I did.
They are the ones to quote 400 also Carter Honda.
My mount (tab weld broke) for the flag broke last weekend, they said I have to bring the quad down so they can take pictures because I have to prove That I didn't break it.
It will probely take a couple of weeks.:confused:
There is a new shop in town called ATV Cycle Sports..its located on Craig and Lamb near Nellis. The service guys name is Pike Reitz...See how much they charge. They also have a Dyno.

But so far i have not had issues with them...but they really liked my quad when i brought it in for the tire swap. As for that tab....i would say get it welded stronger...

I have not mounted a flag yet so who knows how mine holds up.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Oh the number is 702-222-3586

·
Registered
537 Posts
Yeah the Honda Racing grab bar is $84 on Ebay. $54 towards anything made by DG is too much. Just my opinion.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts