Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
about how many hours are people bringing they're machines in for valve checks?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i think it says 20-30 hours in the manual, but i rode mine all last summer. i rlly dont no how many hours ive put on it but id say its pretty close to 30

·
Registered
22 Posts
Valve Adj.

I just did the first valve adjustment on my 700xx I have 83 hours and 1798 miles on it. The intake were a little tight and the exhaust were a little loose but they were not far off. I ride hard but I don't beat it.

·
Premium Member
723 Posts
I just did the first valve adjustment on my 700xx I have 83 hours and 1798 miles on it. The intake were a little tight and the exhaust were a little loose but they were not far off. I ride hard but I don't beat it.
you put 1798 miles on your quad in 83 hours? thats almost 22 miles per hour average. Thats crazy. I have almost 250 hours on mine and less than 1000 miles.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Britalican,
Let me hijack this thread for just a second. Could you lead me to a thread that explains how to hook-up a good quality gauge package (Digital). If none is available would you mind doing a write-up in the "How To" Section? All I have is an hour meter with the wire around the spark plug.
Thanks,
Sid

·
Registered
22 Posts
you put 1798 miles on your quad in 83 hours? thats almost 22 miles per hour average. Thats crazy. I have almost 250 hours on mine and less than 1000 miles.
I ride the XR400 in the single track (slow tight stuff) and use the 700XX for the open 2 tracks. :xx:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Britalican,
Let me hijack this thread for just a second. Could you lead me to a thread that explains how to hook-up a good quality gauge package (Digital). If none is available would you mind doing a write-up in the "How To" Section? All I have is an hour meter with the wire around the spark plug.
Thanks,
Sid
Did you search for one ? I found some on how to hook up the Trail tech meters.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
JTR700XX,
Would you mind providing a link or should I just go to the Trail Tech site? I've just have to have something other than this "Mickey Mouse" hour meter. To me it was a waste of$39.00 + shipping.
Thanks.
Sid

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts

Now thats crazy 4 mph avg? You shoulda got a golf cart. lol j/k

·
Registered
53 Posts
Now thats crazy 4 mph avg? You shoulda got a golf cart. lol j/k
If i strapped a trail tech vapor to my belt and sat on the couch all day I would log a higher mph average just walking back and forth to the fridge. :haha:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts