Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have been soaking this sight in since December '09, and like many others that have joined lately could not pass up the deal Honda put out on this bike ('08's for $4399 otd).

I really enjoy reading posts on first ride impression's of the XX. Probably because there have been virgin red (mine) and black (buddies) XX's sitting in the barn alongside EHS and Barker boxes since early February. Until yesterday!!

Prefacing with my latest and current rides (KX 500, Lightly modified DS 650,and a highly modified but sold Quadzilla) might help some see where I am coming from. Approaching the bike I believe it is one of the better looking sport ATV's out there. Climbing aboard it feels fairly small compared to the DS. Push the magic button (no magic button on big bore 2 smokes) and the FI has it running like it was fully warmed up (FI = excellent). Next, I did not have to push 500 plus pounds backward to get out of the barn. No rewind on DS (Rewind = sweet). Down the gravel, mud, and blacktops we go. Obviously the people that call XX's hawgs and tanks have never ridden DS's. I felt like it was nimble and maybe even a little darty at speed. The IRS is what truly put a smile on my face though, took maybe 1/4 mile and first 2-3 bumps to realize this was the biggest advantage for XX over DS (IRS = AWESOME). Power and mechanical engine noise were my only disappointments. Thought there was quite a bit of valve train noise, and was wishing for more power immediately. Hopefully the 13 tooth, EHS, and Barker packages will bring it to life. If not, will definitely be looking for some compression and port work. With IRS, FI, Rewind, and only $4399 otd I do not see anything that can touch the XX for value. Finally, last two comments: RED is minimum of 2 bike lengths quicker than BLACK!!!, and, Anyone want to buy a DS 650?

·
Premium Member
3,923 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
"RED is minimum of 2 bike lengths quicker than BLACK!!!
that was really nice of your buddy to give you a handicap for being red...lol

so on a scale 1 to 10 for value you give it a 10 for performace a...???
Did you bump your head or something? Black is always going to be faster and quicker than red. If it wasn't, your 700xx would still be red, wouldn't it? :eek:hno:

roadkill

·
Registered
788 Posts
Did you bump your head or something? Black is always going to be faster and quicker than red. If it wasn't, your 700xx would still be red, wouldn't it? :eek:hno: Still have yet to see that data. I am guessing since no one has posted anything yet that it is a farce.

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
black is faster just remember how fast that black #3gmgoodwrench was!

·
Premium Member
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the warm welcome. Have learned alot from reading 90% of posts on this site already. Always nice to have a resource with people using like kinds of equipment.

DaGirl; Did I forget to mention my buddy has me by 60 plus lbs, and not near the riding experience?? That info must have slipped my mind in the red/black debate!?!? I'd have to give it an 8 or 9 with Honda's bonus bucks in value, would be a 10 with a few more ponies under the gas tank.

RK; "Bumped Head" has long been an issue of mine according to some "so called" friends.

tbird; I was not aware that "Fast" and "GM" should ever be used in the same sentence.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts