Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well!

Was riding at Hatfield McCoy all week and all went well until the last day where 2 of us decided to try out some local riding area and we were having a blast until we got to some steep grassy hills but we still went down then realized it was a dead end so I tried to climb back up the hill but it was so slippery and steep that the bike could not get good traction even though I have some good mudding tires and it started to roll backwards and tried to stop it but went sideways and next thing that I know the front end started to tip up so I jump off the bike and she flip 4 times, ouch! The only damage to her was the handlebar, need a new one. Where's the best place to buy some.

Had to wait almost 2 hours before my buddy was able to find someone with a powerfull 4x4 and even him was skeptical about going down the hill but did and with great coordination between us we were able to pull the baby back up all 3 hills. Talk about being dumb, have done worst hills but this one was grassy and slippery.

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info, wonder which one would be basically the same fit as the OEM since I do like the setup, fits perfectly for my heigth and riding position.

I figured that sooner or later it would happen the way I ride, tend to be agressive when possible.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Yep... mine have been bent so many times the paint is flaking off. Looking for new ones too but I kinda like that week link.

·
Registered
243 Posts
I also had my first wreck this weekend. Well, not really a wreck..... more of a dumbass move. I sat on my quad, which was in the back of my truck, started it, put it in reverse and began descending down my ramps. I had started the downward descent, so I let off the gas. Well, it wasn't movng fast enough and stalled half way down the ramps. So, of course the rear wheels locked up and over I went. I didn't think fast enough to squeeze the clutch when it first started going over backwards, but I do remember thinking about the weight of the bike, as I knew it was going to land on me.

No damage to the bike (it landed on something soft....me) and minimal damage to me (bruised rib and some nice scratches).

(bowing to the audience) Thank you! Thank you!

·
Registered
187 Posts
I thought of that happening the first time I unloaded, So I grab the clutch as soon as my back tires are on the ramp and then just coast on down

·
Premium Member
6,389 Posts
I also had my first wreck this weekend. Well, not really a wreck..... more of a dumbass move. I sat on my quad, which was in the back of my truck, started it, put it in reverse and began descending down my ramps. I had started the downward descent, so I let off the gas. Well, it wasn't movng fast enough and stalled half way down the ramps. So, of course the rear wheels locked up and over I went. I didn't think fast enough to squeeze the clutch when it first started going over backwards, but I do remember thinking about the weight of the bike, as I knew it was going to land on me.

No damage to the bike (it landed on something soft....me) and minimal damage to me (bruised rib and some nice scratches).

:D

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
2,171 Posts

I did that EXACT same thing... but i was going up the ramps and it stalled. Bent the steering stem and the bars at 7am on my way out to ride.

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ouch! I remember those days but it was with my CBR 600, had a little too much to drink so my buddy asked me to load my bike in the back of his truck which I did but halfway up, the alcohol hit me and bang!! We tip over but were lucky that we were in a soft area that the only damage to the bike was the grip and clutch lever, my spare helmet which was clamp on the bike save the rear of the bike. As for myself....Basically I don't remember feeling any pain :D

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
Well!

Was riding at Hatfield McCoy all week and all went well until the last day where 2 of us decided to try out some local riding area and we were having a blast until we got to some steep grassy hills but we still went down then realized it was a dead end so I tried to climb back up the hill but it was so slippery and steep that the bike could not get good traction even though I have some good mudding tires and it started to roll backwards and tried to stop it but went sideways and next thing that I know the front end started to tip up so I jump off the bike and she flip 4 times, ouch! The only damage to her was the handlebar, need a new one. Where's the best place to buy some.

Had to wait almost 2 hours before my buddy was able to find someone with a powerfull 4x4 and even him was skeptical about going down the hill but did and with great coordination between us we were able to pull the baby back up all 3 hills. Talk about being dumb, have done worst hills but this one was grassy and slippery.
I did something similar last Memorial weekend except I wasn't able to bail in time. 2 of our 6 riders turned around and didn't try the hill. Everything was going good until I got near the top... I was in 2nd and should have been in 1st. Got that characteristic "plop" sound as the quad stalled... grabbed both brakes , but that didn't keep it from sliding back... got sideways and rolled over... right over me and kept rolling down the hill. Quad damages... 3 bent rims, bent a-arm, bent handlebars and broken front brake lever. Also broke the pink little girl's bicycle horn I had on the handlebars... really pissed me off on that one. Why did I have a pink bicycle horn? Because it was totally silly and ridicules. My damages... 4 bruised ribs, cracked scapula and loads of road rash. Rode my quad the 15 miles back to camp and my friends loaded it for me and then drove 1 1/2 hours to the hospital... then 250 miles back home. My right shoulder is still not right. We are going back to that very same area to ride in about 10 days with about 15 riders. That hill is NOT going to get the last word. Revenge time.

roadkill

·
Registered
734 Posts
What handlebar bend did you guys get? my friend with the xx bent his and I am thinking on getting the Pro Taper SE raptor bend handlebars as they are the highest ones.

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
A Pink Horn......

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
A Pink Horn......
Yep... It's replacement is yellow, couldn't find another pink one. Perhaps I should explain why a horn in the first place. You come up behind someone on a trail and want to pass. Many times they can't tell that you are there because they cannot hear you over their own motor/exhaust noise. However, a horn is a different noise and can be heard over the motor/exhaust noise because it's different and NOT an expected noise. The result is that they notice you behind them and you get a safe pass.

roadkill

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
I usually piss on an obstacle afterwards to really "own" it.
Now that is an outstanding idea. I couldn't do what I did the last time something "got" me. It was a tree root that stuck out into the trail. My right front tire caught it and the bars jammed back suddenly and spun me a full 360 degrees. Broke my right thumb. Went back and cut that sucker off a couple months later. That root is now mounted on my office wall.

roadkill

1 - 20 of 21 Posts