Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to lube the chain and notice the damn wheel on the inside is bent rubbing the knuckle, I dont even know how i did it neither... i never seen a wheel that bends easier than the T9s.

My question is can you hammer the bend back out or will it crack ?

Or should i get a new wheel ?

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hrmm.. i want to replace it, but with a different brand, was looking at DWT wheels on Rocky Mountion but for the longest time they have only one in stock.

Anyone know what else will fit it without changing the hub out ?

What SS wheels will fit clearing the knuckles ?

Or does anyone know where i can get the DWT ?

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
Hrmm.. i want to replace it, but with a different brand, was looking at DWT wheels on Rocky Mountion but for the longest time they have only one in stock.

Anyone know what else will fit it without changing the hub out ?

What SS wheels will fit clearing the knuckles ?

Or does anyone know where i can get the DWT ?
I got my DWTs from Rocky Mountain, and yes, they only listed one in stock when I ordered. But they order from DWT in batches... so when they come in, they're already pre-sold. Best bet is to place your order and they'll tell you when they expect them to ship to you... Mine arrived about 10 days early. BTW - The DWT @ .190 (Red Label) is very good.

roadkill

·
Registered
258 Posts
i got my red labels from my mates shop here in aus, and i cant complain at all with them, the made my 700 about 2" wider and do look better, ihave bent one of the rears bent one of the rears slightly but a was doing about a hundred and stupid when i hit a square edged hole that shot the back end about 2 foot in the air,
i reckon give them a try, i cant see anyone hating them unless they are after beadlocks

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yea, I'm going with the OMF DWT with the rings, 140.00 each.

I taken my tire off yesterday, looks like the knuckle hit it and pushed a bubble in it, fixed it and put the spacers back on, its like 54 to 55 inchs wide and will most likely turn like a tractor trailer now :lol:, going to get the new wheels next month.

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
Yea, I'm going with the OMF DWT with the rings, 140.00 each.
These are a great rims. I have a pair , they have took alot of abuse and stood it. You can also straighten the rims with a bottle jack and 2 pieces of wood. Being a mechanic , I hate using a hammer unless I have to.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Damn thanks Baxter, never even thought about that.

How much stronger are the OMF wheels compared to the T9s ?

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
Damn thanks Baxter, never even thought about that.

How much stronger are the OMF wheels compared to the T9s ?
Never had a problem with the T9s, but they have the street tyres on. The OMF/DWT and ITP .190 are supposed to be the same thickness but the OMF/DWT just seems stronger bead/lip and stronger in general.

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
These are a great rims. I have a pair , they have took alot of abuse and stood it. You can also straighten the rims with a bottle jack and 2 pieces of wood. Being a mechanic , I hate using a hammer unless I have to.
I've had my 700 around a year now, and this is my 1st damage. Do you think this rim can be straightened too? It never leaked air out, but when I took it off the trailer to cleaned my son pushed on tire and water squirted out, so I guess it does leak just never lost much air if any. I didn't notice any wobble when riding it, and put like 30 miles on it after the rock incident.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts