Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was at Silver Lake Sand Dunes Saturday ( say that fast 3 times :hey: ) with my XX and after ridding for 3 hours the flag mount broke off the rear grab handle. I went back to the truck to load it up and parked next to me was a guy with a 700XX and his flag mount broke off too. Does anyone have the Honda aluminum rear handle and does the flag mount look like it will hold up.

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
i bought a tusk quick disconce and have done about 6 dune trips and mine has held up great are you looking for a new stock grab bar?

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
I have a stock rear grab bar and have done lots of sand trips with no problems with the mount. My flag is just about toast though... starting to splinter at the base.. not long now before it snaps.

roadkill

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i bought a tusk quick disconce and have done about 6 dune trips and mine has held up great are you looking for a new stock grab bar?
No I think I will get an after market aluminum bar and beef up the flag mount by welding on a thicker piece of aluminum.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
I bought a spring mount off of eBay and that works great! $20 shipped I think but I haven't broken a flag since either so pays for itself quick and it would take the pressure off your mount because the spring will do the flexing

·
Registered
97 Posts
I had the same thing happen to me at silver lake. Everything was fine until I went through the trees. Now I have a PRM desert bar. The flag mount is 1/4" thick and has no problem with the big flag. I hope to be there this weekend weather permitting.

·
Registered
7 Posts
i have the honda aluminum one and it looks like it will hold up great

1 - 8 of 8 Posts