Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a lot of stalling at low rpm untill I raised the idle speed at the throttle. Any one have a better solution to this problem?

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
yeah just go a little faster!

·
Registered
217 Posts
^^^ +1 Yup!:hey:

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
change out the sprocket. if you have stock size tires go to a 13 tooth

·
Premium Member
3,923 Posts

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
mine runs great with my ehs programmer but it still stalls once in awhile, depends on how im playing with the throttle.

·
Registered
788 Posts
Mine did it for the first couple rides and now after I have ridden it for a couple months doesn't do it anymore. I think the efi adjusts and levels it self out per riding style. I don't know if maybe I had changed the way I rode or the xx adjusted to me but it fixed itself. I would wait a bit and see what happens. just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
89 Posts
there is one problem with the whole 13 tooth solution... if you want to go fast at the same time, that 13 tooth will make it slower than stock!

·
Registered
201 Posts
Mine did it for the first couple rides and now after I have ridden it for a couple months doesn't do it anymore. I think the efi adjusts and levels it self out per riding style. I don't know if maybe I had changed the way I rode or the xx adjusted to me but it fixed itself. I would wait a bit and see what happens. just my 2 cents.
mine did too during break in, after everything loosened up, no problems.

i cant imagine mine with a 13T front sprocket. the gears would be so close together you wouldnt be able to fully utilize the broad efi big block powerband. stock gearing really lets the long powerband to draw itself out in each long gear imo.

just practice more with the clutch if you are stalling in the slow stuff, prolly lugging it down too much.

·
Registered
201 Posts
^^^

will the big 3 change the rev limit? it would have to change it alot to allow the 13t to be faster on top end.

·
Premium Member
3,184 Posts
I've heard that a stock bike is unable to hit the limiter in 5th because of it being so restricted. Not sure if that's true or not Scrawny?

·
Registered
201 Posts
that may be. i guess if you are going to leave the motor and pipe completely stock, with a few accessories and bigger tires... the 13 would work!

·
Registered
89 Posts
i hit the rev limiter once and my quad was stock, but i was also in like 3rd gear

1 - 18 of 18 Posts