Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking about ditching the stock bars for a Fast Flexx bar and a Houser stem/clamp combo. I've been seeing this combo on several websites. The Flexx bars come in several bends and I'm wondering which to get. They offer a 12 degree ATV and 14 degree ATV bend. I am 6'4" and need a better setup and a little more height on the bars when standing. I mostly ride fast tight woods trails. I am pretty sure the stem is +1. Anyone running this setup or something similar? Are longer cables needed? Also wondering what to do about the indicator lights. Trailtech offers a clamp to relocate them but not sure if it will fit the Flexx bars.

·
Premium Member
3,184 Posts
I'm not sure the trail tech clamp will work with the houser stem. I got the houser 450r dashboard and use it with the houser clamp. I got mid bend bars and I got plenty of cable length left. I think you'll be alright with the 14 degree.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Awesome. Thanks Red. After studying up some more it looks like the houser stem will only take a houser clamp. I'll check out the 450r dash too

·
Registered
20 Posts
yep houser steering stem is drilled wider than stock. i just found this out thinking a mod quad dash board would fit. i ended up mouting the mod quad dash on top of the houser clamp with longer bolts on the top side. i would have to post pictures to show what i did. not sure if i am going to keep it this way but it works

·
Registered
237 Posts
instead of the high dollar flexx bars you can get Precisions anti vibe clamp and use any bars you want you just need the rubber cones to fit houser stem. This is the setup I have with Tag bars. I had housers clamp before I got Precisions clamp so I had the rubber cones but I think Ed from Teixeira Teck can get you the whole set up. And all of the factory lines are long enough. The Precision clamp is very cool and is also adjustable. My hands use to go numb after riding for a while but not any more.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts