Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
Trail Tech
I checked the Trail Tech web site and they show one for the 450, but not for the 700xx. That does not mean that they don't make one for our quad... just that it isn't shown on their web site... I guess the only to know for sure would be to call them.

roadkill

·
Registered
437 Posts
Considaring they do a core exchange....probably not that big of a deal if they have a machinist who knows how to work the CNC and not just a monkey that switches parts out... especially if the flywheel happens to be the same dimention as some of honda's previous models....650r perhaps....no doubt this one will be heavier but it would be interesting to see dimentions...or if you know someone with a lathe over there have them go nuts....then just take it to an engine shop and have them balance it

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I checked the Trail Tech web site and they show one for the 450, but not for the 700xx. That does not mean that they don't make one for our quad... just that it isn't shown on their web site... I guess the only to know for sure would be to call them.

roadkill
Considaring they do a core exchange....probably not that big of a deal if they have a machinist who knows how to work the CNC and not just a monkey that switches parts out... especially if the flywheel happens to be the same dimention as some of honda's previous models....650r perhaps....no doubt this one will be heavier but it would be interesting to see dimentions...or if you know someone with a lathe over there have them go nuts....then just take it to an engine shop and have them balance it

I will email them after the holidays and thank you but I need a flywheel building as a one off .

·
Registered
201 Posts
in most applications a heavier flywheel will make for better performance. it is stored energy that helps smooth the power and resist stalling.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts