Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put the fmf exhaust system on. I was told I didn't need the powercommander because it was fuel injected... Is this true?will it hurt the engine running it without one?

·
Registered
574 Posts
Probably won't hurt your machine, but it won't make much if any more power than stock without a fuel controller. The injection system on this machine does not adapt to mods. It operates on a fixed fuel map.

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
I put the fmf exhaust system on. I was told I didn't need the powercommander because it was fuel injected... Is this true?will it hurt the engine running it without one?
With just a slip-on it is not needed, If you have a slip-on and free flow filter it would be best to get one. At anytime you add a header you will need to install a programmer also.

·
Premium Member
6,389 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks..it has been dyin on me alot.seems I have to really give it some gas on take off or ride the clutch to keep it going.it's hard to climb real slow also.witch powercommander should I go with?

·
Registered
574 Posts
PCV It's almost the same price as the III, the 5 is smaller and it is more upgradeable.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I am also running an FMF exhaust and had similar issues. I ordered the FMF programmer as I got a great deal. The Power Comander will allow for better tuning, however I am not hitting a Dyno. My FMF should be in by this weekend, will update after install.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I am also running an FMF exhaust and had similar issues. I ordered the FMF programmer as I got a great deal. The Power Comander will allow for better tuning, however I am not hitting a Dyno. My FMF should be in by this weekend, will update after install.
Cool... Maybe thats what I need. Can't wait to hear how it works out for you!where did you get the 13 tooth sprocket and case saver....I would also like to add that

·
Registered
528 Posts
Cool... Maybe thats what I need. Can't wait to hear how it works out for you!where did you get the 13 tooth sprocket and case saver....I would also like to add that

im sure rocky mountain has both, i know the gear is on ebay for around $22 shipped, same as 2008 450r

·
Registered
83 Posts
The sprocket is the same as the 450r as Jarrod said. The case saver and sprocket were both ordered from my local dealer, who then ordered them from rockymountain. I get a pretty good discount so I use my local dealer, even if they bug me some times... The sprocket is a quick effective mod as long as you don't care about the loss of top end.

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
The XX actually has a case saver installed from the factory. I had ordered one before checking and never installed it. If you'd like I can cut you a deal on mine.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts