Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
I just got my FMF 4.1 also, but have not installed them yet. When you guys talk about the loudness and the hp gain, is that with or without the spark arrestor?

I thought I had seen somewhere the claimed hp gains....anyone know if they were they with or without the arrestor?
My 4.1 didnt come with the arrestor installed. There is a ring in the end of the pipe, but its not holding anything in place. The hp gains that FMF claims for the 4.1 are without the arrestor.
The 2bros pipe Scuzz has is loud, with or without the arrestor, but its a nice deep loud.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Dave, do you know what the db is without the arrestor on the full 4.1 system?

The park requires max of 99.

Ara, I will try to get a reading tomorrow at idle and let you know. I am pretty sure you will be ok. At slow speed the 4.1 isnt loud, but when you open it up, look out.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Dave, do you know what the db is without the arrestor on the full 4.1 system?

The park requires max of 99.
Ara, at idle it was reading 91db, with the wind blowing. You will be ok with the restiction of 99db.

·
Registered
310 Posts
You wont lose much at all with the arrestor installed. We metered mine at idle today, but without the wind, it could be 2-3 db more. 103 seems like what it will be doing at a good running speed.

·
Registered
310 Posts
what about the power core 4 ??
Dont know much about the Powercore 4, other than i have seen a few on other makes of quads. They are quite a bit quieter, but still a nice sound

1 - 5 of 5 Posts