Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Banned
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
which would you go for ? i want a full system and have came down to these two options.

fmf 4.1 with power bomb dmc afterburner

from what i have read the dmc is about 104 db and the fmf is roughly 94 db.

we all know we like loud rumbly exhaust ( well most of us ) its definitly a seller for me any way and my power core was pretty loud.

sound wise i think the dmc wins for me

performance wise the dmc bosts 21.5% hp gains 19.9% torque and 4.75% waight savings

all fmf says is that their are power gains threw out the power curve

so if you had to choose between only these two full systems which would you pick

if you read this please leave your vote or opinion

·
Registered
551 Posts
:stupid: If I cant see a picture i'm morre than likly I'm not buyin it. But i think one exhaust is not really better than the other, I've owned quite a few different one's, when it comes to "THE BIG 3", u just buy the sound, db level, and the look (desgin), Just my thoughts.

·
Banned
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
iam with ya 700xx crazy......... i did email dmc about a picture of their exhaust on a quad and have not received a reply yet if i do ill post it.

i like the fact the dcm is loud but i had the fmf and it was a nice exhaust as well and any one who is any one knows fmfs rep is good

·
Registered
133 Posts
Hawk,
I inquired about the same thing before..[http://www.club700xx.com/vb/showthread.php?t=933] but there's not really anybody that has DMC it seems. If you want to be the guinea pig, though, by all means...and then let us know how awesome/bad it is. Personally I think those numbers DMC boasts are a little too good to be true, but that's just my opinion.

I think I was leaning towards the FMF because I was pretty uncomfortable being the guinea pig. But now, I think I might just wait for Alba's full system to come out (hopefully!) soon. :)

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
im right there with you cant decide between the two the fmf can be just as loud and its nice to have the matching efi to go with it dmc does not make one. however the prices ive found for the dmc are much nicer. i am leaning twards the dmc because i like being different all you see is fmf. but again if everyones got it it must be good.

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
almost forgot been looking in to big gun exhaust they make a full system and an efi now but havent heard much about them??

·
Banned
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
im right there with you cant decide between the two the fmf can be just as loud and its nice to have the matching efi to go with it dmc does not make one. however the prices ive found for the dmc are much nicer. i am leaning twards the dmc because i like being different all you see is fmf. but again if everyones got it it must be good.

yeah i had a power core 4 and it was pretty loud, you definitly couldnt talk over it and iam sure the 4.1 is just as loud.

dmc does make a "juice box" but not for the xx yet, so yeah the fmf with fmf controller is cool, most buy the pc3 but again up to you

i also feel the same on being diffrent but yeah every one has fmf its just a pretty decent product

the dmc at 104 db is going to be a pretty freakin loud exhaust

in the end its just an exhaust it cannot hurt, so hopfully i will have a ride report for every one soon and a few sound clips

·
Registered
551 Posts
Is that 104 at WFO or at idle? If thats idle I'll be able to hear it here in TENNESSEE!:lmao::yay:

·
Banned
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Is that 104 at WFO or at idle? If thats idle I'll be able to hear it here in TENNESSEE!:lmao::yay:
doesnt say but i can say this my power core 4 was so loud i couldnt ride at night much less talk to the guy standing on the other side of my quad at idol, i would almost go as far as saying from 1/4 mile you could hear me ( i live in the country so )

·
Registered
551 Posts
WOW, thats LOUD, but thats the way I like them too.:D Nothin like livin in the COUNTRY! I live way out too.:yay::tup:

·
Banned
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
hmmmm now iam leaning that way instead of the dmc way full systems are on ebay for 400 bucks for the xx

·
Registered
333 Posts
I'm runnin the fmf 4.1 with powerbomb. I love it, its loud but not too loud. Last memorial at sand lake, OR the ranger sound checked me, 93, 94db at idle from however far they check from... I'd guess it was bout an arms length. I put the pciii on at the same time as the uni and fmf so I don't know how the exh is w/o the pciii. But I love it.
I've run fmf on the 3 different quads I've had and loved all of them. Easy maintenance, durable and reliable has been my exp.

Fyi on Big Gun exh... My buddy has one on his trx450r and the screws for the sparky stripped out after one summer of riding in the dunes. The packing came apart and blew out all over the place was a bit of a mess and a PITA. Anywho I don't recommend big gun even tho I've only been around the one bad exp, that's all it takes sometimes.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts