Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed a new FMF 4.1 full exhaust. The instructions say that the original heat shields should be reinstalled. I don't see a good way to do this because the new head pipe is so big. One mount lands right on top of the powerbomb section. I don't want to melt my side cover or the plastic cover on my throttle body. Has any body else had to deal with this? I know fmf has a small heat shield for your leg, but I want to protect my 4-wheeler too! Any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Use stainless steel zip ties. Worked for me on my alba and holds nice

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
its not gona do any damage... the wouldnt tell u to do that if they didnt test it first...

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Like the ones you would use for exhaust wrap. Worked great for me

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
well u said ur worried thats its gona mealt ur plastics and the plastic cover on the tb...it wont..

·
Registered
309 Posts
The stock heat shields do fit, and there was a larger hose clamp included with mine for the mount over the bomb section. The pipe is bigger but it fits well and hasn't melted anything on mine all year.

·
Registered
355 Posts
I only installed the forward half of the oem shield in front of the big chamber. Works fine with just that. Had it off completely until it melted my boot a little.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
chariotracer,
If you have any concerns about your installation may I suggest calling FMF at TEL 310.631.4FMF (4363)8am to 5:30pm PST M-F. They may have accidentally left something out of the installation kit. It is a good company and will do anything to make a customer happy.
Sid

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
I have the full system, and didn't install any shields back on it. I learned that you just can't hold your leg there due to burning your leg hair LOL. Other than that, it hasn't melted any plastic or anything else on mine.

·
Registered
19 Posts
for the Powerbomb part I used a bigger hose clamp. It work out good for me trust me use the heat sheild you will burn holes in your pants lol.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts