Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I'm so close to taking the plunge and ordering a new exhaust for my 700xx.

I think I'm going with the FMF 4.1 Slip On because it allows me to later add the fmf powerbomb header.

I haven't found another slip on that will allow you to do this. I've found mostly good reviews of the fmf unit throughout my searches and even on the web.

I found it at bikebandit.com for 295 shipped, rocky mountain atv for 319 shipped, waiting for a call back from rocky mountain to see if they'll match and/or beat the other price.

Anyone have any thoughts on if that's a good deal for this specific exhaust?

I really don't want to spend the $500+ right now to get the full system so I thought this was the sensible route.

Airbox lid, FMF exhaust, then all i'll need is the controller to be big 3.

Excited to go riding this weekend.

·
Registered
217 Posts
$295 Shipped is not bad. I have the whole system and love it. A little loud if you don't have the spark arrestor or quiet insert in.:hey:

·
Registered
130 Posts
FMF offers 20% on their web site until the end of March. Don' tknow if it helps you get a better price or not, good luck.

Does that price you got include the spark arrester?

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, this is cheaper than FMF even with the 20% discount. I'm possibly going to buy a slightly used Big Gun Evo R now instead. A member on this forum offered to sell it to me and it's the whole pipe & header. Might be to good of an offer to pass up.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Got mine on Ebay for $178 shipped. It had an hour use. Jumped on that Buy it Now deal. I always look for the best deals and patience pays. I got my FMF programmer from a forum member for $115 shipped. I'm waiting for another steal for my header. Best price the Powerbomb was $196 shipped but back ordered until May.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, that's a great price.

I ended up getting approached by a member on the forums and purchased a used big gun evo R full exhaust system. $350 which I think is a great deal. Full exhaust for around the same as a slip-on.

Can't wait for it to get here now.

·
Registered
355 Posts
The quiet core cost me another $40. It doesn't come with it like it does with other FMF mufflers. Consider that when pricing these if you plan on riding trails.

·
Registered
579 Posts
I too have full FMF system & I like it a lot! I just got a FMF ti heat shield that goes over the powerbomb that I installed last night..It is kinda sweet! I will have post a pic tonight ..

·
Registered
355 Posts
I too have full FMF system & I like it a lot! I just got a FMF ti heat shield that goes over the powerbomb that I installed last night..It is kinda sweet! I will have post a pic tonight ..
What are your programmer settings? Do you have a lid or a better air filter? I'm waiting for my header and still haven't got the FMF controller dialed in with just a UNI filter.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts