Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I just picked up my XX and so far all I have done is the 13Tooth and uni filter.
I have the FMF powercore 4 slip on and the dyno jet power commander on order.
Unfortunatly I didnt find this site before the parts were paid and ordered does anyone have some tech tips with these?

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Assuming by your response I take it that the combo works well, Does it make much of a difference having the full system vs just a slip on?
Thanks for the link.

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
Sorry, not experience w/ just a slip on. It wouldn't be much according to some other people on the site, maybe 1-2hP, but it is all preference.

·
Registered
32 Posts
i have the power core 4 slip on, on my bike. i love it, it sounds mean. it was a very easy install. i run mine with the fmf power programmer and i noticed a huge difference from stock. I have the uni also, my next mod will be the 13 tooth sprocket. Im not sure but i had heard that fmf had a slip on the had a converter that could be made to a full exhaust. im not sure if its true or not or if it is which exhaust it is. you should be happy with the power core for your bike tho.

·
Registered
355 Posts
i have the power core 4 slip on, on my bike. i love it, it sounds mean. it was a very easy install. i run mine with the fmf power programmer and i noticed a huge difference from stock. I have the uni also, my next mod will be the 13 tooth sprocket. Im not sure but i had heard that fmf had a slip on the had a converter that could be made to a full exhaust. im not sure if its true or not or if it is which exhaust it is. you should be happy with the power core for your bike tho.
The FMF Powerbomb header will bolt right up to your muffler. A header will probably get you another 4-5 hp which is over 10% power gain. Very noticable.

·
Registered
18 Posts
i want to get a slip on for my 700xx..but im worried about how far it sticks out the back..i dont want to back up or wheelie it too far back and trash my new pipe..i know alot of them get really close to the end of the grab bar...any sugguestions??

·
Registered
103 Posts
the exhaust dose not stick out past the stock grab bar

·
Registered
18 Posts
i know it doesnt..but most aftermarket pipes do come very close..i had the same problem on my warrior 350..put a new fmf pipe on it and the tip would slighty rub the ground during slow wheelies...and like two weeks after i put it on..me being a dumass backed it into a tree and dented the tip..i guess most of its just how much you pay attention.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts