Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
FMF POWERCORE 4 on the way

I ordered the slip on today should be here about mid next week to the end of week.....230 shiped is what i paied...... lets hope this exhaust is worth it

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
PowerCore4 on mine also, Is the 4.1 the loudest?

·
Banned
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ooops sorry i ment power core 4, i have been juggling them both so much that i got confused......

also i paied 230 shiped..... since you two have them how do they look any pix ?

did you notice any change when you sliped it on ?

do you have any sort of power commander or did you remap the A/F ratio ?

·
Registered
537 Posts
Where did you get it from for that cheap?

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
When I installed mine it was with the Header, Programmer and Velocity Filter so I couldn't tell you what it individually done but the combination was night and day difference. These pics are of the Q4 I had first but they are the same can.

·
Banned
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
that looks really nice..... i hope it sounds just as good.....

i hope i notice a diffrance, also i will give out the places name where i bought it as soon as i get it in the mail...... i wont hold any thing back

·
Registered
80 Posts
do you have any sort of power commander or did you remap the A/F ratio ?
You'll need a programmer to richen your a/f. These are borderline too lean from the factory due to emissions regulations, so you need to richen the mixture up for any intake/exhaust mods.

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
lol thats the same people I got mine through. My Q4 had a leak and they sent me another one 2 day mail so I wouldn't miss my ride that weekend. AAA+ Customer Service!!!!

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
Mine is still on there

·
Registered
537 Posts
Can someone post some sound files of the FMF exhaust? I've looked everywhere and cannot come up with anything.

·
Banned
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
hey all,

FMF POWERCORE came in yesterday bolted on and road it about 5 miles

review:

2 complaints- fmf didnt included any hightemp sealant, the 2nd complaint is in 2nd and 3ed gear iam hitting the rev limiter really soon, iam not sure if thats the exhausts fault, maybe i need to remap ? maybe iam just to busy feeling the new changes to notice, i cant remember if i did that alot with the factory exhaust or not.

on to the good stuff- the power is noticible, lots and lots of power are noticed all threw the spectrum, just how much is noticible ?
my friend has a ltr 450, we raced with my factory exhaust and ended up tieing 9/10 times, the honda always got the jump off the line how ever the ltr 450 was always nipping at my tires and we seemed to fight for the lead.

the suzuki has a yoshi and has been remapped, the honda, nothing
this saturday we will race again to see if their is any "real" change in power

stay tooned.. on to the pix

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
The exhaust is not the cause of hitting the rev limiter.

·
Registered
537 Posts
You just have to adjust your shift points. The rev limiter is still the same whether you are using the stock exhaust or aftermarket. You're just getting there a little quicker than you're used to since it'll rev easier now that it's been opened up.

·
Registered
105 Posts
it fells that way because your way to lean with out the programer once you change the amount of air flow in any way shape or form the amount of fuel needed also changes

·
Banned
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
if you turn your key on and off 3 times fast and on the 4th turn it on slow like normal your ecu will reset it self when it starts back up, did that to my 600rr honda, learned it from my bike shop

well their was my mini review lol hope it helped, sound clips comming soon

1 - 19 of 19 Posts