Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got a chance to get hold of a fmf fuel controler cheap,im running a hmf slip on at the moment without an after market controler, just a few questions who else is running one of these? and are they any good?will i notice much power difference with it on?

·
Registered
626 Posts
you will probably not notice any power difference with the controller however it is a good idea to run one anyway

·
Registered
354 Posts
You may not feel the difference, but when you put an aftermarket pipe on you are flowing better really making it a bit leaner and these are lean from the factory and although you have an intake air temp sensor that should richen up your mixture, they really dont do much. What you will do by programming your fuel correctly is make more power not only by supplying the extra fuel you need for the extra air velocity, but the extra fuel will cool your intake air and help to keep temperaturs down also making more power...theres alot more technical stuff along with it, but definately a good idea to run a controller man, definately !!!

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
Aussie, go to the powercommander.com website, and you can download the setting for your pipe and stuff from there, that they set up. I know for a fact that they have a map for just a slip on.

·
Registered
354 Posts
someone on here has a full map also, i forget who, but ask and ye shall recieve i'm sure, thats waht were here for...gotta keep our 700s ahead of the competition LOL

·
Registered
32 Posts
i run a fmf programmer with a uni filter and fmf power core 4 slip on. i did notice a difference especially when im just putting along.( which doesnt happen often on an xx lol.) but my buddy's bike is stock and the is definetly a difference between them. i havent had the chance to change any of the settings on my programmer but so far i really havent found the need to.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Aussie, go to the powercommander.com website, and you can download the setting for your pipe and stuff from there, that they set up. I know for a fact that they have a map for just a slip on.
FMF is a Dobek controller. No downloads.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts