Votes: 7 21.9%
  • Barkers

Votes: 25 78.1%
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
been tryin to decide, barkers with quiet core or FMF power bomb with Q4/powercore4. Like the look of the black an red barkers and the performance gains but am worried about being too loud for my area of riding. Like the quietness of the q4 but concerned it's going to be too quiet. Thanks for any info to help me make my decision.

·
Premium Member
2,487 Posts
Out of these 2 I would go with the Barkers. If you ever plan on going into the motor the better exhaust is going to payoff in the long run. I have an HMF exhaust and wish I had the option of a Barkers or Sparks when I bought my system.

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
the barker is a little more free flowing than the fmf, which is louder too,but right now where i ride loudness isnt an issue i love the sound of the barker without quiet core

·
Registered
528 Posts
after much consideration i just ordered my fmf powerbomb header, about to order a muffler tonight.

·
Registered
392 Posts
I went with FMF as I was afraid that the Barkers would be too loud for me. But thought that the Q4 would be to quiet. I like the sound of my powercore. Cant wait to install the powerbomb header and everything tuesday.

·
Registered
755 Posts
I was scared the barkers would still be loud with the quiet core but bought it anyway. It is sorta loud but not obnoxious and glad I went with the Barkers.

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
I went with FMF as I was afraid that the Barkers would be too loud for me. But thought that the Q4 would be to quiet. I like the sound of my powercore. Cant wait to install the powerbomb header and everything tuesday.
You'll love the added power a header produces. I've got the powerbomb & Powercore, Awesome sounding combo.

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
Out of these 2 I would go with the Barkers. If you ever plan on going into the motor the better exhaust is going to payoff in the long run. I have an HMF exhaust and wish I had the option of a Barkers or Sparks when I bought my system.
What makes the Barkers better for a built motor than the FMF?

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ok, so.. which would be louder, barker an quiet core or the fmf powercore? can't really find any sound bites of the barker an quiet core. THe sound clips are decieving as well.

·
Premium Member
3,184 Posts
Barker!
I absolutely love the sound of the Tim Barker pipe! Like i've said before both pipes are awesome! It's personal preference really.

·
Registered
392 Posts
I think it basically comes down to preference also. Basically everyone who has the Barkers absolutely loves it and everyone who has the FMF loves it. Its kinda like the dude at Best buy told me when I was looking at TV's, "The one you love the most in the store, is the the one that you will love in your living room" So if you like the looks of the barker better then get it. Someone is always looking for a deal as well so if you decide you dont like what you get, sell it and get something else.

·
Registered
755 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
I don't know why Maine has to be such cock suckers and have a stupid exhaust law. :birds:

·
Premium Member
2,487 Posts
If I got to do it all over again and had more choices when I got my exhaust... I would definitely have a Sparks :tup:

·
Registered
392 Posts
Love the sound, hear it has awesome performance gains, but dont like the way it looks.

·
Premium Member
3,184 Posts
Sparks is a good pipe but i just like the looks of the Barker muffler better! Buddy of mine has a Sparks pipe on his LTR450 and that thing is effin LOUD, but i like it! :tup: Probably doesn't have any packing left???

·
Premium Member
2,487 Posts
What makes the Barkers better for a built motor than the FMF?
:beat: Everyone has their own opinions but the Barkers and Sparks are on every big build for a reason.

·
Registered
392 Posts
:beat::beat::beat::beat: lol sorry didn't know you could do that

1 - 20 of 64 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.