Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm thinking about this and have ask atvunlimited if it would let me use any aftermarket slip on this header and they stated "yes" but could have sworn that someone had stated the powerbomb header diameter was bigger and only some FMF exhaust would fit.

Am I wrong, will this header work with any aftermarket exhaust.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
I am not sure if it will work with others, but I do know that it comes w/ a nipple in the whole kit, that way the slip on would work w/ the stock header. I will be home wednesday and I can pull my pipe off and measure the diameter of the pipe, and let you know. You could also probably just call FMF, and then measure your exhaust. I would think they would make something for it that is Universal, that way more people would be using their headers even if they don't use the tail pipe.

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
From what I've read from other post, the powerbomb is 1/4" bigger in diameter but I do not know if the "spacer" is for stock exhaust or for their pipe. Sent an email to FMF but haven't heard back from them. atvunlimited said "yes" it would fit but I want to verify before anything else. Tomorrow night I'll be bringing my bike in for the exhaust and from what I've heard, this pipe builder is very good so I might just ask him to build me a header and mid pipe so I can use my Supertrapp

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
So I'm thinking about this and have ask atvunlimited if it would let me use any aftermarket slip on this header and they stated "yes" but could have sworn that someone had stated the powerbomb header diameter was bigger and only some FMF exhaust would fit.

Am I wrong, will this header work with any aftermarket exhaust.

Thanks
The PowerBomb will fit all of the FMF line of slip-ons. It's pretty crappy of ATVunlimited to tell you what they did though, They've seemed to be a decent online vendor. I would highly doubt any other brand slip-on will have the same bends, diameter and mid pipe length to fit the powerbomb. It's not just simply the diameter.

Is there a particular slip-on you like that does not offer a header?

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
From what I've read from other post, the powerbomb is 1/4" bigger in diameter but I do not know if the "spacer" is for stock exhaust or for their pipe. Sent an email to FMF but haven't heard back from them. atvunlimited said "yes" it would fit but I want to verify before anything else. Tomorrow night I'll be bringing my bike in for the exhaust and from what I've heard, this pipe builder is very good so I might just ask him to build me a header and mid pipe so I can use my Supertrapp
They give you the spacer when you purchase the slip-on. The mid pipe on the slip-on is 1 7/8 to match the header. You install the bushing in the mid pipe to reduce it for use with the stock header.

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh! Ok! Now I understand the spacer, am thinking about using it for my Supertrapp or SR4, basically it will depend on what they can build me for my Trapp exhaust

Thanks for the info.

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
When I got my complete set up, they included the spacer as well, which I still have in the box. I am thinking they include that with every slip on, but I got the whole kit. If you want I can measure that as well, or perhaps just give it to you (send it or what not) if the builder can't do anything for you.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I doubt any muffler will work with the Power-bomb, the stock header is much longer and does not require a separate mid-pipe, the FMF header is shorter but uses a mid pipe included with the FMF muffler to make it all fit together. The mid pipe also provides one of the mounting points for the muffler, if you buy just the Power-bomb you get no mid pipe. I just installed my full system last week.

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
From what I can read; Guess some of these vendors need to learn more about their products they are selling.

Thanks for the info

1 - 9 of 9 Posts