Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok you guys with FMF Powerbomb head pipes...Did you re-use the stock heat shields as they said to do? Or just let it eat like it is?

Pics are a plus if you did use shields..or aftermarket shields..

Thanks

·
Registered
93 Posts
I don't personally have the FMF pipe on my bike, but a friend of mine does. He used the stock shields, and I powdercoated them with some high heat black. They look great, but to each his own. I personally didnt like the gold stock color...balck or silver is the way to go.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Smoooth1 . That thread was exactly what I needed..I knew I had seen some somewhere with & without..You havent had any heat issue without shield ? Like gas vapor lock or any wiring issues? I guess not since you have had it a while now..
Many thanks!

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
I dont run the heat shield either, just be sure not to keep your leg right next to it unless you got some good boots, cuz I burnt a hole right thru my carharts and pants into my leg :). hurt like a mofo.

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
Same here, I burned a hole through my riding pants. I'm sending it off to get ceramic coated next week. Other than your leg there is nothing close enough to get damaged from heat. I didn't think the stock shield would fit but someone posted pics last week of there powerbomb header with the stock one installed.

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
Same here, I burned a hole through my riding pants. I'm sending it off to get ceramic coated next week. Other than your leg there is nothing close enough to get damaged from heat. I didn't think the stock shield would fit but someone posted pics last week of there powerbomb header with the stock one installed.
Did you have flames on yours? I did, LOL. Brand new set of carhart bibs too. The flames were starting to come up, so I jumped off and used snow to put it out. 3rd degree burn from it, felt amazing.

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
No, I had some Fox pants on and it just melted a hole in them. I thought my XX was overheating because of the smell till I realized what it was.

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
HAHA, I felt my leg getting warm, so I put my leg further out on the nerfs like normal, to let it cool off, and it kept getting hotter, then I looked down.

·
Registered
93 Posts
WOW! I hate that. Look down and your leg's on fire...nothing like the feeling of burning flesh. I know that my Fly Racing boots keep my pants and skin in tact. Boots can get expensive, but so can buying new riding pants after every weekend.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts