Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats the difference? I just ordered an FMF Programer not thinking there is a difference but was told they are different.

I have just a DG slip on and Uni filter.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
the difference is like night and day ....

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I dont understand. Dont they both control fuel supply? I will just return the FMF programer but want to be sure theres a performace difference not just a preference.

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
There are many many many many post on this subject, A quick search will yield all you can read and many answers. This is one subject that doesn't need any more debating, Also... Welcome to the site

·
Registered
101 Posts
return the fmf, i had one and hated it , bought a power commander and wow its the real deal

·
Registered
157 Posts
return the fmf, i had one and hated it , bought a power commander and wow its the real deal
+++1, same here except i wasn't able to return the fmf. You live and learn. this time it was the hard way. will never buy another dobeck programmer ever.

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
Whats the difference? I just ordered an FMF Programer not thinking there is a difference but was told they are different.

I have just a DG slip on and Uni filter.

Thanks
As smoOoth said there is alot of info on this. If you happy with the mods you have and not wanting to go further then you should be fine.

If you want to go way beyond the "Big 3" then go for the PC.

·
Premium Member
1,073 Posts
As smoOoth said there is alot of info on this. If you happy with the mods you have and not wanting to go further then you should be fine.

If you want to go way beyond the "Big 3" then go for the PC.
X2. All you really need for your mods are the dobeck style programmer.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
X2. All you really need for your mods are the dobeck style programmer.

Thanks. I have hooked up the FMF (dobeck) programer and it is running richer. Accomplished my goal as far as thats concerned but not sure what type of gains yet, havent had a chance to ride. Fast enough for me anyway im sure, for now.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Rode 60 miles in Ocala National Forest on Sunday. There is a noticable difference with the programer and the minor bolt ons including no more stalling with ramping it onto my truck and stalling at low rpms. This quad rides like a juiced up Caddy compared to the 450's Ive ridden, its fast enough for me as is. Im sure its faster with EHS and other types of programers but with the summer coming I need to shift focus to the ich for a bigger boat. Life is tough.

The north trails at Ocala are highly recommended if you are ever in the area.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I had an FmF and it died constantly under load on me on hill climbs and stuff at the dunes even after being dyno'd so I bought a Two Brothers Juice Box Pro way better then Power Commander.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts