Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just installed a FMF programmer, have an hmf competition exhaust, went down a tooth on front sprocket, and have a uni air filter installed. I know NOTHING about programmers, is there any setting that is "best" or what's the best way to create your own setting? I live in Ohio and mainly ride wooded trails or hills in hillsville, don't race or anything like that.

thanks, you guys are much better than google lol

·
Registered
821 Posts
Should of included setting for different setups. Can you send it back and buy an ehs? Just asking.

·
Registered
79 Posts
To program FMF settings

Ok guys here is the official "easy way to understand the tuneability of the FMF tuner. (way easier than the instructions, IMO)

----> Mode button = navigate modes
----> +/- buttons = settings .5-8 in .5 increments (.5,1,1.5,2,2.5,3 etc through 8) represented as a increase (higher number), decrease (lower number).
----> 6 different Modes represented by LED color as follows
MODES:

1 = Green = amount of [FONT=inherit ! important]][FONT=inherit ! important]fuel[/FONT][/FONT][added under cruise condition. (.5 = stock/invisible)
2 = Yellow = amount of fuel added during acceleration. (.5 = stock/invisible)
3 = Red = amount of fuel added during full[FONT=inherit ! important]][FONT=inherit ! important]throttle[/FONT][/FONT][ or WOT (.5 = stock/ ")

4 = Green/Blue = Point at which the RPM Range When in Cruise Mode is turned on. (.5 = 1,000rpm) (8 = 2,800rpm)
Ok guys here is the official "easy way to understand the tuneability of the FMF tuner. (way easier than the instructions, IMO)

----> Mode button = navigate modes
----> +/- buttons = settings .5-8 in .5 increments (.5,1,1.5,2,2.5,3 etc through 8) represented as a increase (higher number), decrease (lower number).
----> 6 different Modes represented by LED color as follows
MODES:

1 = Green = amount of [FONT=inherit ! important]][FONT=inherit ! important]fuel[/FONT][/FONT][ added under cruise condition. (.5 = stock/invisible)
2 = Yellow = amount of fuel added during acceleration. (.5 = stock/invisible)
3 = Red = amount of fuel added during full [FONT=inherit ! important]][FONT=inherit ! important]throttle[/FONT][/FONT][ or WOT (.5 = stock/ ")

4 = Green/Blue = Point at which the RPM Range When in Cruise Mode is turned on. (.5 = 1,000rpm) (8 = 2,800rpm)

5 = Yellow/Blue = Adjustment of delay in acceleration mode fuel turns on. (.5 = sooner, 8 = later)

6 = Red/Blue = Adjustment of delay in full throttle or WOT mode fuel turns on.
(.5 = sooner, 8 = later)

5 = Yellow/Blue = Adjustment of delay in acceleration mode fuel turns on. (.5 = sooner, 8 = later)

6 = Red/Blue = Adjustment of delay in full throttle or WOT mode fuel turns on.
(.5 = sooner, 8 = later)

ie: taken from an older post for setting up your settings.

old post was here: http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-664899.html
posted by
Steveakus
07-03-2008, 05:27 PM

His finalized tweaked settings (maybe something to start with) below:

My current settings after about 6 runs and experimenting is

Mode 1 = 1.5
Mode 2 = 5
Mode 3 = 6
Mode 4 = 2
Mode 5 = 2
Mode 6 = 3

scuzz and smooth1 posted
http://www.exriders.com/archive/topic/373506-1.html

Maybe with their past experience could help you a bit more for the best tweaks to start with and need.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
can't take it back and get an EHS, i contacted erik 2x trying to get them to put one on ebay because i had a credit of 260 because i got screwed when purchasing the exhaust the guy never sent it so i had to use that money w/ebay but erik nor anyone at EHS ever contacted me back about being able to do that so got stuck w/the fmf. it comes with their dif. modes and all that stuff but i have no clue what it means its all just a bunch of dif colors and what not lol..just gonna take it to the guy at the shop i go to he's pretty good w/all that stuff and let him tweak it to whatever he thinks is best for the quad...thanks

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i'm a moron they do have the recommended settings its
mode 1 = 2
mode 2 = 2
mode 3 = 3 (said might be boggy and drop it down to 2 if so)
mode 4 = 4
mode 5 = 4
mode 6 = 4

way off from above posted will try these out and if they don't work will try the ones listed above

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
just took it for a quick spin, did bog out when high in 3rd and 4th so dropped mode 3 down to 2 and that fixed that.. shoot me that map when you have time red n black..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.