Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so I have k&n filter with an outer sock, a fmf powerbomb header, a factory4.1 muffler with a sparkarrester/quiet core and the fmf programmer it has 6 adjustments on it. I was wondering what others where running theres at for about sea level and about 3000 ft.?

·
Registered
131 Posts
i had the same basic set up and to tell you the trth i would go with a pciii as all the other guys are using.. it seemed to me like i couldnt get enough fuel to it i never did get the programer right and with only mabey two hours of road riding i was out of gas. to me that was to much gas bing used and i had beter luck with the stock filter an fmf pipe and no programmer bike runs great now. sorry i cant really help but it you figure it out please let me know.

·
Registered
734 Posts
The dobeck type controller has the problem that it can only add fuel but not send less fuel. The PC3 and PC5 can send more or less fuel. Also the PC3 can be finetuned a lot more than the dobeck since on the dobeck you can change idle, mid and WOT. But if you are on a tight budget the dobeck will help you to at least not be lean if properly tuned.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ya I figured I would get the "go with the pc3/pc5" thing but I dont have the budget right now so I have what I have. with the fmf I can adjust how much fuel and when it comes on at cruise,acceleration,and full throttle.so with that being said if the plug is white when cruising (no idle time )needs more fuel. I was kind of hoping some one could get me a little closer so I did not have to pull the spark plug out 900 times. I guess I will tell ya what I come up with.

·
Registered
551 Posts
ya I figured I would get the "go with the pc3/pc5" thing but I dont have the budget right now so I have what I have. with the fmf I can adjust how much fuel and when it comes on at cruise,acceleration,and full throttle.so with that being said if the plug is white when cruising (no idle time )needs more fuel. I was kind of hoping some one could get me a little closer so I did not have to pull the spark plug out 900 times. I guess I will tell ya what I come up with.

Ur plug should be the color of cardboard ya know kinda light brown. Thats what ur lookin for IMO. Everybody has thier own! Hope this helps.:D

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok so I burned my fingers several times but I came up with 3 for cruise,5.5for acceleration,5.5for WOT. set to come on at 3 for acc,3.5 for cruise and 3.5 for WOT. Im going to pick up some new plugs tommrow and play some more.

·
Registered
734 Posts
What is your exact filter setup? EHS lid? With this I can give you ballpark numbers to get you closer. From your mentioning 6 settings this must be a gen 3 controller, correcct?

·
Registered
734 Posts
Oh also forgot to comment about the altitude: The stock ecu will adjust for air temp and altitude changes via on board sensors, but being it does not have an O2 sensor it can not adjust for mods to the intake or exhaust etc.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
it is a gen 3 and a stock air box with a modquad K&N. I have ran with and with out the lid and I think it ran better with out it. but I did get a LOT of sand in the bottom of the box like 1/2 inch.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts