Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
now i can almost bet every one will pick the power commander over the fmf....... but why ? i know nothing about the fmf so and all i know about the power commander is that you can load maps on to it

is this true for the fmf or do you have to use its onboard interface buttons to set every thing ?

its about 100 bucks less then the power commander and i have an fmf pipe so iam leaning tword the fmf..... but on the other hand leaning tword the pc3 so i could get a bo map

and help eaither way would be nice

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
The PCIII is preferred because it can be fine tuned and reprogrammed if you add mods.

The FMF/HMF/2bros boxes all made by Dobek also, Picking any of the three will get you the same results. You do not have to program these to work out of the box as you asked. They come preloaded and have minimum adjustment. If you can get the dough go for the PCIII, Its the best long term decision.

·
Registered
333 Posts
I'm with smooth, pciii betta overtime. The dobeck ones a lot of dealers are unfamiliar with (not 1 dealer within 100 miles of me has any idea how to tune the dobecks). And so far out of all the ppl I know who ride, 1 person has had a dobeck setup right, and he's on this forum somewhere. So if u consider the stats for the pciii you'll see its a far better choice. To me for comparison it would be like a stock exhause wuth the baffle and spark arrest removed (dobeck) vs an aftermarket highflow exhaust slip on (pciii)

·
Banned
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
pc3 it is........ last question how hard is it to get a map ? i would have no idea on how to make one so

·
Registered
333 Posts
pc3 it is........ last question how hard is it to get a map ? i would have no idea on how to make one so
There's quite a few of us on here runnin a bo white (velociraptor) map. Any one of us can email it to you once u have the pciii o software installed on ur puter. The other way to get a map would be to have ur quad on a dyno, about $300, from what I can tell.

·
Banned
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ok well will the bo map work with the following mods

fmf power core ( exhaust )
fmf power bomb ( header )
uni fliter
ehs airbox mod

thats all i can think that i would do to the quad, would their be ne thing i would have to change on the bo map or would it just plug and play ?

·
Registered
333 Posts
Those are the same mods I have except I have the fmf factory 4.1 exhaust instead of the powercore. I'm runnin a bo map and have not made any changes to it AND it works fabulously. However I am curious if the map needs to be adjusted SOOO that's y I'm thinkin bout gettin her on the dyno instead of get sand tires all the way around.

·
Banned
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well is their really much of a diffrance between the factory 4 and the powercore ?

if not would you mind emailing me that file and when i get a pc3 ill have it ready to roll ?

·
Registered
333 Posts
I would also like to know this. Jeff and I are looking at getting these.
Just got off the phone FMF. They said the powercore4 is good for more mid range power and the factory 4.1 is their elite racing exhaust and delivers more power thru the entire range.

I didn't ask what the difference in air flow is, but sounds like the 4.1 is higher flowing.

I bought skat trak edges and the itp 10" rims from rmatv last night and will be scheduling an appt for dyno time as soon as my ehs lid shows up. So anyone interested in throwin down $10 or $15 for the tune and gettin a map send me a pm or email or reply on this thread.

·
Registered
333 Posts
You get it Dyno'd and I'll throw $15 towards you for a copy of the dynojet PCIII map.

Scout's honor.

So what will your complete setup be for your dyno run? (I don't remember what you have on your quad)
EHS Lid
UNI Foam
Stock header (powerbomb en route still:steamed:)
Factory 4.1
PCIII

but the guy said he would re-tune it for nuthin when the powerbomb shows up.

·
Banned
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
maybe its just me and maybe i need to remap but i notice, their ist much "power" after a certin point

example: i am in second shifting to third.. and in the bottem of third and 4th the quad seems gutlass.... or maybe its the top of those gears but it just doesnt seem a snappy as i expect it to be.

iam comparing this i suppose to my sport bike, twist the wrist = power now

i just feel that my quad should have the exact same throttle responce, am i to lean ?

i watched vids of other 700xx's and the baja 700xx and they seem vary snappy vary quick

mine feels in some gears like it needs to work up to the power, and sounds a little weirdish with my power core on their....

i might go back to the factory exhaust and see if i notice a diffrance

·
Premium Member
6,389 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
maybe its just me and maybe i need to remap but i notice, their ist much "power" after a certin point

example: i am in second shifting to third.. and in the bottem of third and 4th the quad seems gutlass.... or maybe its the top of those gears but it just doesnt seem a snappy as i expect it to be.

iam comparing this i suppose to my sport bike, twist the wrist = power now

i just feel that my quad should have the exact same throttle responce, am i to lean ?

i watched vids of other 700xx's and the baja 700xx and they seem vary snappy vary quick

mine feels in some gears like it needs to work up to the power, and sounds a little weirdish with my power core on their....

i might go back to the factory exhaust and see if i notice a diffrance
There is a large step in gears from 2nd to 3rd, You need to shift at a higher RPM to avoid the lag, Also the Baja bike has a ported head, TB and cam.

·
Registered
364 Posts
what is the cost of the big 3? I have some full skids NEW I may sell.. front rear, and frame. Never used.

May sell and go this route even though the bike is crazy fast. I do have a stalling issue but that may be fixed with a sprocket change..

What to do protection or go fast.. hmm

·
Premium Member
6,389 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Ok cool.. I will let you know, need to price everything out.

I got these skids when I bought the bike but had no idea they were worked into the deal. Got a call the other day saying they were in.. I cant find them on the paper work, so I just said uhhhhh "ok" and had them shipped to me (in transit) from NJ to Pa... no questions asked.. crazy I know. I even asked, "are they paid for" guy said yeah all paid for... well then I thought, free skid plates!

·
Registered
60 Posts
now i can almost bet every one will pick the power commander over the fmf....... but why ? i know nothing about the fmf so and all i know about the power commander is that you can load maps on to it

is this true for the fmf or do you have to use its onboard interface buttons to set every thing ?

its about 100 bucks less then the power commander and i have an fmf pipe so iam leaning tword the fmf..... but on the other hand leaning tword the pc3 so i could get a bo map

and help eaither way would be nice
I'm happy with my FMF and my power Commander. It made my 700xx a beast!!

Attachments

1 - 20 of 21 Posts