Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's the pic Mike took yesterday.
For those who don't know, Nikki and Mike are in San Francisco on vacation... we met up for lunch on Fisherman's Wharf.

P.S. This is the answer I found on why the Tenderloin area is called "The Tenderloin"

"There are a number of stories about how the Tenderloin got its name. One says it is a reference to an older neighborhood in New York with the same name and similar characteristics. Another is a reference to the neighborhood as the "soft underbelly" (analogous to the cut of meat) of the city, with allusions to vice and corruption, especially graft. There are also some legends about the name, probably folklore, including that the neighborhood earned its name from the words of a New York City police captain, Alexander S. Williams, who was overheard saying that when he was assigned to another part of the city, he could only afford to eat chuck steak on the salary he was earning, but after he was transferred to this neighborhood he was making so much money on the side soliciting bribes that now he could eat tenderloin instead. Another version of that story says that the officers who worked in the Tenderloin received a "hazard pay" bonus for working in such a violent area, and thus were able to afford the good cut of meat. Yet another story, also likely apocryphal, is that the name is a reference to the "loins" of prostitutes."

roadkill

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Was great to see you and look forward to the next time to be a ride :)
I could've turned this trip into a riding trip. One of my friends offered a quad at his shop and my other friend has 4 quads... all Yamis. But I kept my mouth shut after you mentioned that Mike wouldn't like you turning a vacation into a riding trip. Now all we need to do is to get Lee over to this side of the pond.

Very good meeting you both and still hope to get to ride with you.

roadkill

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.