Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner

So what would you guys like to see as rules in the FS Section? REPLY IF YOU WANT ADD

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have noticed it takes about 5 post to drag a price out of a seller. To me thats wasted space time and post. Can we have a rule that prices must be posted. This cuts out "bidding" and saves time and effort:yay:.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
I agree. If you want to see what people will bid for your stuff then put it on eBay. I always post a price in my first post.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
most of the time, well at least for me, a price isn't posted because then we get all this ''well it's cheaper here'' or ''i can get it for this price here''... that's why i always like to post, ''best offer''... when you post a price, most of the time ''bidding'' starts... so just tell me what you want to pay for it, and if it's close enough, then it's yours

·
Registered
446 Posts
they are posting on a classifieds forum, nobody has to buy it if they don't like the price. I agree that they should be required to add a price in order to post an item on the selling part. Put o.b.o. if your negotiable, if not post a price and let it ride.

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
It would be nice to keep new members from posting in classifieds also. Make it where you must have twenty post or a month membership before you can post. This would help keep scammers away. Although I believe in the golden rule of researching before you buy online, Some people can't remember this and buy the scammers lunch lol.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
True true.

As for the cheaper her issue, Im just not going to buy from you. When I sell(not that I have on this site) I will be sure to sell for a cheap price. Either way a price should be know ahead of time.

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
It would be nice to keep new members from posting in classifieds also. Make it where you must have twenty post or a month membership before you can post. This would help keep scammers away. Although I believe in the golden rule of researching before you buy online, Some people can't remember this and buy the scammers lunch lol.
a good way would to only allow senior member to post there. that way we know they have interest in the forum and have gotten to know them a bit. ive sold and bout a few things from members and its been great being able to help each other out.

·
Registered
446 Posts
imo there should be a members only channel to sell stuff to other members (preferably senior) where we could post things we don't wan't the whole world to see. It's nice to help somebody out without having tons of people with their hands out asking for it.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Here are the rules on another forum I'm on and they work great.

Member Sales:

Members wishing to post items they have for sale are expected to adhere to the rules below:

You must be a member a minimum of 60 days AND have a minimum of 100 posts. Postwhoring in order to get your 100 posts will not be tolerated. Anyone found doing this will not be allowed to sell for an additional 6 months. The Administrator of the site will have final say in determining whether a member is trying to postwhore for this reason. This includes private messages and the Want to Buy section as well.

Negative comments about a members product, pricing, etc. will not be tolerated. Please keep these comments to yourself.

No ebay links allowed. If you want to sell your item on here then post up all information in your thread about the product. If a member wanted to look at ebay listings they would be on that site.

Do not post links to other sites that have information about your for sale item. If you want to sell your item here, the least you can do is list all the information in your thread on this site.

No "feeler" threads are allowed. If you're just thinking about selling your item, this is not the place to gauge interest.

All items for sale must list a price. Any thread that does not have a price listed will be deleted.
Members posting multiple items for sale will be watched for abuse. This can be considered commercial selling and will be at the discretion of the Administrator and Moderators.

If you are thinking about committing fraud on this site don't. Any and all information available on this site will be sent to the proper authorities if requested. Buyers need to use care when purchasing any product from anyone via internet. We always do our best to protect the members of this site but we are not perfect and will not be held legally responsible for any problem arising from purchases within this section.

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
I like those rules, They may be strict but it keeps the nonsense out of where it counts the most.

·
Registered
446 Posts
remember no post whoring will =-P

·
Registered
446 Posts
a price in the first post... it's a for sale ad....

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
It's a hard decision to make between the two. How about both lol, there actually both just as important to me.

·
Premium Member
561 Posts
I agree the price should be posted. Half the time i dont get to the site and read the sale items till there gone. This would also help by letting some of us new guys know what the range for the parts go.

·
Registered
446 Posts
It's a hard decision to make between the two. How about both lol, there actually both just as important to me.
they are check boxes, you can choose both.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts