Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let me see if i can make any sense of this...... ok bigger front sprocket is for top speed and smaller rear is for top speed...i know that.... the question is 1 tooth larger in the front is equal to how many teeth smaller in the rear? anyone got a clue?

·
Registered
574 Posts
Roughly 3

·
Registered
734 Posts
+1 around 3

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok because i was not sure about going to a 15 front so maybe i will consider a 35 rear instead or something......thanks

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts

14-34.5 (if you could do a 1/2 tooth)
34.5/14 = 2.46 ratio
Now you need to tell us how to 1/2 tooth. Just being a smart ass... again.

roadkill

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I thought every one ran half links and sprockets?? lol But thanks i never thought of putting it in to ratios that makes a lot more since to me now!

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
I had an excel sheet for this, let me know if you are interested and I can e-mail it to you. It is really just rT/fT with all the different combinations if you want to make your own.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Sent. Don't pay any attention to the speeds. They were based on the state of tune my bike was in at that time......but I don't remember what it was.

·
Registered
127 Posts
You just plug up one of the links or maybe just break half of one off?

·
Registered
287 Posts
I have been trying to find a 36 rear can't find one!!!!
I as also going to say 2.5!
Thats what i did on my yfz450 changed the rear one smaller with the bigger front I was burning up clutches!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.