Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in the process of restoring a '78 F250 it's quite an experience but I love the hobby and the challenge. I know this is the off topic part of the forum so, has anyone else on here restored a classic vehicle before or in the process of doing so?

·
Premium Member
3,923 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
I'm in the process of restoring a '78 F250 it's quite an experience but I love the hobby and the challenge. I know this is the off topic part of the forum so, has anyone else on here restored a classic vehicle before or in the process of doing so?
Maybe if you post some picts of your process, I will re-start my project. I have a 79 F150 4x4 Ranger. Been in storage since 1991 or so. I did some work on it, u-joints axel seals, exhaust, motor swap, body prep for paint. And was injured at work, funds got tight and lost intrest. But you may spark it back up! Good luck, and my budy built a 1940 chevy Sedan from pretty much nothing, all steal car, no plastic or glass.

·
Registered
821 Posts
If its been sitting for 20 yrs, you prprobably have to replace most of the new parts you put in it. Never touched aford, brought some Chevys and Mopars back from dead. I'm pretty much totally mopar now.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Ive been a body person for 45 yrs 1st thing clean clean tide works great work on 1 thing at a time like a fender door etc an clean some more make sure everthing is free of all!!!!! dirt an stuf before sanding do frame motor 1st an don't worry about $$ if u want it nice use late model engine tran?let me know whats up:atv:

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
School is killin me right now so backed up with work to do before this senior year semester ends. I will post pics when I get a chance!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok here are a few pics. This is a '78 F250 with a 351m and C6 tranny, Edelbrock intake, 4-barrel Holly, little over 300hp, 4in suspension lift, about 1.5in body lift, and 39x18in Mickey Thompson tires. Since I got it I've had the tranny rebuilt, gastank refirbished, carb. rebuilt, replaced multiple engine gaskets, replacing rear main seal currently, exhaust rebuilt, and many other things ha. I have got the insides of the truck almost where I want them so it will run great! I recently bought a '78 F150 for body parts and bought a great bed to add. My gf's dad (who owns his own auto garage) and I are going to restore the body this summer!! Can't wait. I have plenty of other pics but I'm not too skilled at putting them on this site. The yellow/green truck is mine the blue '79 Ford is 700doubleX truck and the blue bronco is a friend who owns a 700r. If anyone else has pics of theirs post them! Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
More pics!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Black&Blue7XX,
Great project. Definitely a real challenge. It should look and perform as good as the amount of effort you put into it. Best of luck.
Sid

·
Registered
197 Posts
I have a 78 f-150 that I have been doing some body work on so I can repaint it. And I would like to put some nice aluminum wheels on it and then do some engine stuff also.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I have a 78 f-150 that I have been doing some body work on so I can repaint it. And I would like to put some nice aluminum wheels on it and then do some engine stuff also.
Nice. I'm going from the inside out on mine. Lots of body work on the way for me as well. I just found a set of 8-lug white spoked wheels I wanted! An original set was very hard to find.
What engine is in that one of yours?

·
Registered
228 Posts
That's a cool truck. I have an old F150 with 300,000 miles that still pulls my ATVs around and doesn't seem to want to quit.

If you are into restorations, check out this thread I'm following. It's the most ridiculous restoration I've ever seen. It's not old American iron, but it is so over the top that I think anyone can enjoy it.

http://forums.nwp4life.com/zerothread?id=23703&page=1

1 - 14 of 14 Posts