Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went riding in St Clair PA today with DE700 and found some new riding area which was pretty nice, the Red Line had some nice hills and trails. The green line had a real nice trail which we saw allot of people riding it but we had to turn around due to my headset been loose and did not have the proper tools to fix on the trail so every mile we had to stop and finger tighten the bolts, that was fun!!
Here's the link http://www.bing.com/maps/?v=2&cp=40...3054143&lvl=16&sty=h&cid=BF3A9636776D6A5E!662

·
Registered
182 Posts
Had a blast JOE thanks. It was a great last ride for a month

·
Premium Member
166 Posts
is this a public riding area? Looks close to Rauch creek or Tower City is it?? Looking for some riding areas because here in NJ there are no LEGAL place to ride, and I got a new quad :)

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
St Clair is part of RAC which you need a permit which cost $100 for the year, well worth it! Last time we were up there we found new trails that was going and going but we had to turn around due to mechanical issues with my bike. Supposedly you are able to ride up to Tower City but you need to know the local trails which I do not. Know allot of them but not that one and just around St Clair, there's enough trails in that area that will keep you busy all day.

·
Registered
182 Posts
theinvestigator,
What part of NJ are you in. Nash04 and I tend to go up there on occasions. Its allot of fun, however I suggest going with another person at all times. Its very easy to get lost and hurt in these places and if you do it could be a bad experience. What kind of bike did you get? Also if your gonna get the permit from RAC to ride St. Claire, then you need to call them and go up there during the week to get it, they don't do it by mail or email just in person. Here is the web site.http://www.readinganthracite.com/
In the top right corner click on 2009 permits

·
Premium Member
166 Posts
I am from Seaside Heights area, but I work in Linden at the Refinery. I can go to Pa during the week to get the permit, not a problem there. I bought a 2008 700XX, have a 2000 Yamaha Warrior, and a 1989 Yamaha Breeze. My daughter just started to ride so she is on the Breeze for now, she is already wanting the Warrior. I have some buddies that go to Tower City and have campers there, I have been looking into that recently but the permit does not go on sale till April, unless you want the permit for just a couple months for the full years price:confused:. Post up here if you wouldn`t mind some company when you are going up, I would love to join some people who have been to the area before. Already have my 2010 permit for Hatfield McCoy so I will be doing some trips there also this coming year.

·
Registered
25 Posts
As soon as the spring weather arrives, we will usually make saturday trips to the RAC area about every other week ! I'm from Sussex county N.J. so it can be a haul ( about 2-3 hrs ) but its well worth it !! My favorite areas are Trevorton and Minersville. You're welcome to join us if you would like, but we probably won't make it back up there til April

1 - 7 of 7 Posts