Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
734 Posts
Yup, it is actually 83lbs over the competition.

·
Premium Member
2,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Last I checked the XX was 75 over the wet Raptor 700R. Regardless the XX can stand to shed a few pounds. Still is an awesome machine. I'm extremely happy with mine but definitely think if they rethink it there should be some weight savings. Another thing is the rear A arms. The Outlaws rear A arms have a bend in them making it easier to fit a 10" wheel. Look at pics of the Outlaw rear set up vs the XX. You'll see what I'm talking about.

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
Last I checked the XX was 75 over the wet Raptor 700R. Regardless the XX can stand to shed a few pounds. Still is an awesome machine. I'm extremely happy with mine but definitely think if they rethink it there should be some weight savings. Another thing is the rear A arms. The Outlaws rear A arms have a bend in them making it easier to fit a 10" wheel. Look at pics of the Outlaw rear set up vs the XX. You'll see what I'm talking about.
i agree with it being nice to fit the 10in rim but to me the outlaw irs just look cheap dont get me wrong there nice quads but i would rather have the extra weight and know that my quad is heavy duty and stronger.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Agree that the IRS on the xx is better, I have seen it work and the Poolaris bounces around a lot more than the xx.

·
Registered
579 Posts
XX700XX, just curious..Why would you need the xx to be easier to fit a 10" wheel on back? I thought all that was necessary was to remove the 2 mud scrapers?? am I wrong?

·
Premium Member
2,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
XX700XX, just curious..Why would you need the xx to be easier to fit a 10" wheel on back? I thought all that was necessary was to remove the 2 mud scrapers?? am I wrong?
Yea, this is true. In fact my 10" wheels with razrs came in today. There is next to no clearence though. I almost wonder is if Honda went with the 11" wheel because of the design in the rear set up. With the 11" wheel they can fit the mud scraper. Any thoughts? I'm always wondering why they went with the 11" rear wheel.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Maybe this is an old one, not sure. I can't believe they say its 107 lbs. over the competition. They're comparing wet weight to dry. Assclowns!
http://atvillustrated.com/honda.700.xx.php
Darn, i wish i had seen this post before because i just picked up this magazine at the local book store:eek:hno: I wish they would have done some more mods to make it a real weapon on the trails when competing against the 450's.

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
Darn, i wish i had seen this post before because i just picked up this magazine at the local book store:eek:hno: I wish they would have done some more mods to make it a real weapon on the trails when competing against the 450's.
450s are compitition in trails????:confused:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts