Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner

Fourwheeling w/ some snowboarding and tubing

1K views 22 replies 9 participants last post by  crwh45 
#1 ·
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e543bK06wao

This was just some good times, up in NH and WV last time I went. The mud pit toward the end I won when the competition started for 2 wheel drive. And the truck and trailer in the first couple of shots is my hauling set up.

#3 ·
Looks like you had allot of fun and mud but you need to get a GoPro camera, my eyes were going up/down so quick trying to focus that I got sick, lol!! Where's the mud pit @

#6 ·
Looks like you had allot of fun and mud but you need to get a GoPro camera, my eyes were going up/down so quick trying to focus that I got sick, lol!! Where's the mud pit @
kinda made me wanna grab the screen and hold it still lol that mud pit thing was cool as hell tho! awesomr video

#7 ·
The mud pit was in the Hatfiel McCoy trails. I went to some event last summer that I can't remember the name of down there, and they had this sweet mud pit. I was the first one that attempted it (the 4x4's didn't even want to try it), and after I did it about 4 times the day prior to the actual race in it, everyone else figured they would try. It was mad fun, but I have to admit, they found two water mocasins in there, and that turned my night sour until I was sure they were out, LOL. The guy I was doing a tug 0 war with had a raptor 700, got stuck in the first corner of the pit, and I killed him the three times we drag raced, but he was a good sport. I was looking at the GoPros, but this was all done while being chased, and mostly a little drinking, so that could be why its a little shaky ;)

#8 ·
i think ive bin on them power lines....were are they

#9 ·
Those power lines are in rochester NH. Powerlines in the north all look the same.

#11 ·
Those power lines are in rochester NH. Powerlines in the north all look the same.
wow i though that was the one coming from the gilboa hidro electric plant

#10 ·
ok first nice air!!!! was that the race you were in a few weeks back? second the mud...OMG....you know you bought a sport quad right...lol your where just blasting through it... and I have only ever seen those mud bogs like that for boats very cool and you have a very nice buddy when you went over he was all over coming to help you...glad to see you where ok and kept going. So you going to do this again in Hatfield this year???

#12 ·
ok first nice air!!!! was that the race you were in a few weeks back? second the mud...OMG....you know you bought a sport quad right...lol your where just blasting through it... and I have only ever seen those mud bogs like that for boats very cool and you have a very nice buddy when you went over he was all over coming to help you...glad to see you where ok and kept going. So you going to do this again in Hatfield this year???
The air was on a 84ft single to table top, and it was with my 450R. It is a lot of fun once you learn how to hit it, but it is scary b/c the landing off the table top is more of a straight down angle, so it is very easy to over shoot it like I have done once or twice. I dont think I would attempt that on the 700 unless I had some better shocks lol.

#13 ·
Oh Yeah. When I flipped over inthe mud, the lap before that I actually landed it, but no one got it on film. That mud was a mixture of sand as well, so Ijust wore everything into the showers, including my helmet, and it took forever. I am hoping Nikki to go again. That was between the two big towns down there, it was called Dirt Days I believe.

#17 ·
Yeah, it was a drop off in the gravel bed where they were using a PAN (I think is what it is called over, like a crane over an edge). It is a straight drop off for about 40 feet, (a guestimate as we couldn't measure) and then it goes ou gradually in a downward slope. So trying to calculate going out about 8 feet, and landing down, we pace about 7 times up the slope before the straight vertical section, so we figured it out to be about 71 feet. It looked scary from the bottom, but from the top it didn't seem so bad. The downward angle provide a nice smooth slope to land on, and how the XX jumps I was sure as long as I hit the edge straight it would even out in the air if need be. Just had to tap the brakes to get the nose down.

#19 ·
YES 71 ft to be calculated. Some guy on a dirtbike (KTM 525) told us he was hitting it earlier on in the day as we were doing donuts on the ice below it. I said no way, and then looked closer and found a few tracks from where he landed. He did it again to prove to us he was doing it so my cousin and I looked at each other and were like, why the F### not. It really wasn't that bad, just something I wouldn't be the first to do. It had a sweet landing for what it was, better than most table tops I have launched the XX on.

#21 ·
ya wanna come up to NY to check it out? I did it about a month ago, so it should still be there. If not I am sure there is another one in the gravelyard that we can attempt.

#23 · (Edited)
Lol.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.