Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks for about a month now I have been trying to dial in my Evolve fronts and Podium rears. I dialed in the Podiums in about half a day no sweat, but I have continuing problems with the front and it surrounds ride height, What preasure are you guys using in the main chamber ?

I run 50psi but that appears to be way to low. When I look at old vids and pics it appears my front end rides way higher with standard suspesion to where it rides now. I come into corners under brakes and thing weaves all over the place, like it rides on the bump stops.:confused:

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks ceballos, but from what I remember the vid says nothing about ride height, I will check it again. I contacted Fox's 1800 number for set up and they state, start at 50 psi and go up from there.

I got my Evolve chamber fully sorted but this ride height is a pain. Red I suppose I have 0psi to 100psi to play with like you said, so I will increase to 60psi and see what happends.

:thanks:

·
Registered
671 Posts
Not much help on a setup for the 700XX, but I can tell you what I learned while running Evol's on my 450R. What ride height are you running? (Bottom of frame to ground. Check under the foot pegs and under the front motor mounts, rider on the quad with full gear.) I run my 450R's at 9.5" front/9.25 rear, plan on using this as a starting point with the 700XX. Usually want the front about a 1/4" higher then the rear. Use the main chamber in the evol just to adjust your ride height. Once you ride height is good, don't touch the main chamber pressure anymore.

If the front shocks are soft, add some air to the Evol chambers or turn the low speed compression clickers in. This is somthing you will have to experiment with to see what works for you. I would notice on my 450R that to much air in the Evol would make the suspension really harsh over the little stuff, so I would have to lower the Evol air pressure and add clicks to the low speed compression. Just need to do alot of testing, make one change at a time and see what works and what doesn't. These shcoks are so adjustable, it takes a while to dial them in, just need to experiment.

Doesn't relate to the 700XX at all, but I ran my 450R with 40 psi in the main and 100 to 120 psi in the Evol, depending on where I rode.

Doug

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks D, I think I am on the right track now. Like I said I run 50psi in the main chamber and it looks way low even by just looking at it, compared to looking at pics when it was standard.

·
Registered
626 Posts
i run 54 in my main chamber mate i also have my slow speed up a little and found this helps a lot what pressure are you running in the evols

·
Registered
671 Posts
Thanks D, I think I am on the right track now. Like I said I run 50psi in the main chamber and it looks way low even by just looking at it, compared to looking at pics when it was standard.
I wouldn't compare to stock to much. Even with my 225 lb butt on the seat, my 700XX sat almost at 11" of ride height bone stock, way to high in my opinion. No way to lower it due to the preload already being fully backed off. I think the high factory ride height is a big reason the quad has so much body roll.

Doug

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Suspension

Tas, this is what I work with, I run 225psi in the Evolve Chamber and it works a treat I was blowing through the stroke to easy at 200psi and 225psi seems perfect. I have been running 50psi in the main Chamber but if your running 54psi I will move up and try it. I gotta agree with Doug these things are just so dam adjustable it can become a pain.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Out of interest Tas what length are your shocks with standard arms. I run +.75 on Houser arms with 18.250" shocks.

·
Registered
626 Posts
yeah i have yet to get out and go for a decent ride with the podium x shocks on the rear just so dam wet here all the riding tracks are flooded i suppose that is the reward of living on the west coast of tassie i run 200psi but thinking about going up more i will give 225 psi a go also i check mine before i go out for each ride

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I tell ya it makes a difference to the way it steers with some positive caster. Mate the Podiums are great, I also check mine before each ride.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Nice arms bro, almost as nice as my Houser arms. :tup:

·
Registered
437 Posts
I looked into these long and hard earlier this year, the manual does a pretty good job at walking you thru everything. The main chamber is used for setting ride height almost exclusivly. The evol chamber controls bottom out reisitance and roll rates, you still have comression adjustments to prevent you from blowing through the stroke. Do what Bergstrom said and set your ride height so your front is .25-.5" higer than the rear. That is your correct main chamber setting...from there adjust your Compression settings (probably low speed) The book that came with your shocks spells it out wonderfully....heres a link if you dont have it, check out pg 19

http://www.foxracingshox.com/fox_tech_center/owners_manuals/06_floatxevol_atv.pdf

and its really late here if this doesnt help or isnt what you were asking, sorry for wasting your time

Dan

·
Registered
755 Posts
I have Elka stage 2 with compression up front and stock rear backed out all the way on preload and the height right infront of the foot pegs is 11" and under the front engine mount is 11 and 1/4"

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Boys you have all been a great help and I think I now have it sorted. :thanks:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.