Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
686 Posts
They may be too long, how long are the XX shocks eye to eye?

Plus, a YFZ is a lot lighter than an XX, so they may be too soft.

·
Banned
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
18 1/4 eye to eye... so if you stiffen them up ....... man ill tell ya i dont wanna be a cheep skate or ne thing, but the stock shocks are way to hard and stiff and its almost unbarable to ride when i sit their and pay attion to them

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
What shocks fit the 700xx front. I heard polaris somewhere ,but model and type.
Was going to buy a set of LT-R but I do not like the position of the rezzies.

·
Banned
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
the shocks have to be 18 1/4 eye 2 eye.... polaris predator and ltr 450... ya the rezzies are all nutty on the ltr.... any shock 18 1/4 fits but I am not sure about stroke length and all of that

·
Registered
445 Posts
The issue is that the top mount on the XX it's very narrow. Most shock mounts are 25mm (1") wide but the XX has 20mm wide top mounts. You can't fit the shocks in to the mount on the frame......(LTR450 don't fit).

Its a real PITA........If I was looking I would have a go with some stock Can-Am DS450 fronts and I would look at useing the stock XX front springs.

·
Banned
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
i just bid on some can am shocks.......... their could be a new write up on its way lol

so what i need to know ( encase i win them in 4 days ) how do i swap springs ? how would i set these shocks up to be used on the xx ?

·
Registered
445 Posts
Couldn't you just remove the metal to make it narrower from the shock? It seems like a lot of work, but so does swapping springs.
Yeah you could turn down the top of the shocks to make it narrower and I dont see why that wouldn't work.

Changeing springs is easy, just slide the bottom mount off and the springs will come off with it.

Linc

·
Registered
734 Posts
Also in the Gt Thunder page they have a pretty good writeup on setting your shocks.

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
Hawk

Did you ever put those Can Am on and how are they doing, was the install hard or was it an easy install.

·
Banned
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
i ended up letting the shocks go to the next guy.... i decided f*ck it iam going to go with houser front arms and fox shocks.....

how ever i did see can am shocks in person on a ds450 a weekend or 2 ago... and have constintly been thinking about trying to win some of them on ebay....

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.