Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
I am interested also. Since upgrading our stock rears sounds like a lost cause. What is the cheapest easiest next upgrade for the rears. The ds450 fronts i feel was a great cheap upgrade now if i could do something to the rear for cheap.

·
Registered
64 Posts
shocks

If you have access to used shocks,i was going to check out Honda crf 450 rear shocks to fit on the rear.The length looks good but i don't know if the ressies would clear the frame etc.
Also,late model 700 Raptor shocks look close.
The TRX rear springs would probly have to be fitted.
mervex

·
Registered
96 Posts
Isn't the CRF a mono-shock??

·
Registered
64 Posts
shocks

Yes,they are monoshock.You would need 2 of them and fit the trx rear springs.All i have done is have a bit of a look.Not saying they will bolt on and off you go.The Raptor 700 look close as well but same thing.
Both of these shocks can be had from Ebay. Yes ,they may need work,I don't know yet.
mervex

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
If you have access to used shocks,i was going to check out Honda crf 450 rear shocks to fit on the rear.The length looks good but i don't know if the ressies would clear the frame etc.
Also,late model 700 Raptor shocks look close.
The TRX rear springs would probly have to be fitted.
mervex
I had a friend that had a CRF250r and I measured it up whilst on the bike . I don't know if the 450 shock is differant to the 250 shock but the CRF250r shock isn't worth thinking about. Too long and the clevis is wrong.
The best I found was a 85 cr125r/250r rear shock . slightly shorter but had a remote rezzie. Look on Ebay and these are rare and expensive.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.