Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
let's see my quad prepared for next dakar2012.
i finished 1st in worldchampionship in italy (sardegna rally race) in mai/june2011.
or look my website: quadmaurienne.com
best regards

laurent DUVERNEY

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
Sweet looking quad. Good luck in the race. Are those spare fuel tanks on your nerf bars?

·
Registered
133 Posts
Nice Videos, and love the TRX!! Its riders like your self that give the TRX a good name, and make it look like a champ. Long distance Races like thoes look like a lot of fun!!!!

·
Registered
61 Posts
hi laurent. tell us a bit about your bike! ktm fairing? modified stock exhaust? what suspnesions?
this is the second trx700 i know thats aiming for the dakar!
good luck to you!

·
Premium Member
1,073 Posts
That thing looks awesome good luck in the race

·
Registered
192 Posts
Good luck!

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
LAURENT,
One amazing machine! Those auxiliary fuel tanks are a work of art.
What type of mechanism do you use to switch to them and how do you utilize gasoline uniformly in order to keep from destabilizing the machine? How has the extra fuel affected the handling?
Good Luck with the race.
Sid

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
LAURENT,
One amazing machine! Those auxiliary fuel tanks are a work of art.
What type of mechanism do you use to switch to them and how do you utilize gasoline uniformly in order to keep from destabilizing the machine? How has the extra fuel affected the handling?
Good Luck with the race.
Sid

Some good questions! I think there was a lot a work put into the design of them. I was surprised however, to see them held on by 2 tie down straps. I would of thought something more permanent, but perhaps still in the design stage. One bad ass 700xx!

·
Registered
23 Posts
im just goingto throw my thought in about why they are straped down but if oyu are running a long distance race and they hold ten gallons apeaice then it would make sense to have "spare tanks made with disconnects so that you could have full ones and just change them out. probly do this in the same time it takes to fill the main tank on the bike.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
LAURENT,
Sorry, I can't stop thinking about the fuel delivery system. I am really curious about how the fuel is pumped into the main tank or delivered to the stock tank up top and then through the original fuel pump. It appears as though a separate fuel pump would be required in each auxiliary tank in order to move fuel upward toward the engine. Additionally, there appears to be a need for monitoring the level in each tank or is there a sensor in each providing a visual fuel level and a microprocessor controlled system to control even fuel distribution? Oh yes, one more thing, where in the heck do you put your feet? One must be real close to the exhaust.
If any of this is proprietary just say so.
Thanks for your indulgence.
Sid

·
Registered
61 Posts
Sid, from an australian build. one additonal fuel pump connecting to both the auxilary tanks, with a switch on the dash, is used to pump up fuel to the main tank still with oe plumbing, when it gets low. usually a clear ims tank so its done by eye. that is to say rider flips the switch on or off as required.

as the two aux tanks are effectively connected, the level in the two remains the same.

the tanks are narrow and there is enough space for feet. there are also tanks for water. rules require quads to have 3l min.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
tchui,
Thanks for the information. I shure would like to be able to see this mchine up-close-and-personal.
Thanks again,
Sid

·
Registered
734 Posts
Looks very much like the Mecasystem components for RAID races. Tchui is correct, same system used in Dakar Raptors.

·
Registered
734 Posts
The quads used in dakar are awesome, they finish the dakar in jan 15 and start prepping for next year's dakar by mid feb already. The amount of extra fuel and components needed add about 85lbs to the quads. They have to gusset the frames, add extra fuel tanks, extra oil tanks, extra water tanks, etc.

And congrats Laurent you are in 8th place for now!!! Awesome!!!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts