Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who has replaced their front brakes so far? What kind of pads did you go with/how much was it? I think I need some new front brakes so trying to get an idea of what to use or how much it is going to run me

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
We replaced Dagirl71 a month ago and used the EBC "red" brake pads, easy job.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How much did those run? Did you have to buy a set of pads for the left and the right seperate?

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
Cool! You'll see that they are real easy to replace. What was the cost of those Streamline

·
Registered
103 Posts
the pads are thin from new only about 5mm when new

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
I just use OEM, and you usally have to buy 2 sets. Also, be sure you aren't like my roomie and not touch the brake lever till the trails and realize your pads aren't touching the rotor anymore until you pump it haha.

·
Registered
788 Posts
I just replaced my front pads because I noticed some fluid loss from the reservoir. The fluid was at about half way down so I decided to change the pads. When I took the pads off the bike there was nothing left. So just an FYI, if your fluid looks low, change your pads. I heard no noise or didn't feel anything different but the pads were toast. Easy job probably about ten minutes on each side tear down and rebuild.

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
Yeah! Usually that's tell/tell sign even with your car/truck, if you need to put more brake pressure or fluid is lower than normal then your brakes are wearing out unless you have a leak.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts