Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Front Fender Flare - Newer Pics In Daylight

I got home late tonight, and I took these pics in the dark. Also, didn't have a chance to clean it up, so a little dirty. I will try to take better pics if people are interested.

EDIT: OK - I took some pics in the light, and sprayed off the 700xx a bit. Here are the new ones.

Attachments

·
Registered
788 Posts
Looks pretty good. Do they work well?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looks pretty good. Do they work well?
The thing I hated most was riding through wet grass, and having the front tires throw water right into my face. I have only ridden once with them, but I think they will do what I want them to do. I look forward to testing them out some more.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Is that cove base???
I guess I should have added that! Yes, it is the flexible plasticish/rubberish baseboard stuff. I drilled through the fenders and mounted them with stainless steel bolts, washers, and nylon lock nuts. I put them on the bottom side of the fender. Seems like it should be worth the little amount of money that I spent!

·
Registered
179 Posts
Nice, looks pretty good, to bad they don't come out with a kit for this.

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
nice try but i would suspect that is too flimsy , i am a ceramic tile contractor just cant see that working, plus if you dont want nothing flinging up on you it should be wider ,put some utility quad fenders on there that is about the only way you can solve that problem

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well, I had 1 day of riding through some pretty muddy stuff, and the flares did help with keeping quite a bit of the mud/water thrown at my face. So, for the money I paid, it has met my purpose of keeping water and mud out of my face. They held up fine also - I don't recall really scraping them on a tree or anything - but the wheels are wider than the fender's, so I am not sure that will be a problem anyways. So far, so good! Thanks for the comments - I will try to update as I ride.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts