Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was riding in the rain, or right after the rain the other day and noticed that the front tires throw the water right up into your face if there was even a hint of a breeze. It REALLY sucked going through wet grass. And going through mud - it is amazing how much more mud I get on me than my buddy with a Kawi Brute Force 650 (expected). So, what would you recommend for front flares or extenders? What type of plastic/rubber material should I use? Just cut the material to shape, drill fender and install with the proper fasteners? Thanks guys!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Does no one else have problems with this, or does no one want to drill their fenders? Looks like rubber baseboard that is used in schools/cheap apartments may do the job quite cheap and well. Now I need to find the time and see if it will work.

·
Registered
537 Posts
I have the same problem but it's just part of riding a sport machine so I deal with it. Water and mud do not bother me when I'm riding. I think it's fun getting covered in mud when all the other utilities guys are squeaky clean. But what's even more fun is if you let one of them catch up to you and plaster them with mud:) Why so many utility riders wear white t-shirts is beyond me.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I hear ya - I just don't like the water thrown up into my eyes. The stock rears don't throw very much mud for me - I am sure that your RAZR's throw it quite well. Wish I would have experimented with the flares before today - I live in central IL, and we have had SOOOO much rain recently! But who's complaining - I'm going riding this afternoon!!!! :)

·
Registered
537 Posts
Easy solution is to either wear goggles or riding glasses. Even when I'm riding in my yard I never ride without some sort of eye protection.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I was riding in the rain, or right after the rain the other day and noticed that the front tires throw the water right up into your face if there was even a hint of a breeze. It REALLY sucked going through wet grass. And going through mud - it is amazing how much more mud I get on me than my buddy with a Kawi Brute Force 650 (expected). So, what would you recommend for front flares or extenders? What type of plastic/rubber material should I use? Just cut the material to shape, drill fender and install with the proper fasteners? Thanks guys!
I agree with you jsdugan just not sure what the answer is...I don't want to stay clean like utility guys but I also don't need to get muddy when I ride it through the grass to the back of the house...so i have no clue..:nuts:

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
Easy solution is to either wear goggles or riding glasses. Even when I'm riding in my yard I never ride without some sort of eye protection.
I agree, goggles are just as important as a helmet

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had the same problem, so i went to Walmart, and i brought a set of pad for pick up truck. It's already cut the shape of the fenders and i bolt it . For the back, i brought rubber floor mat and cut it to fit behind the heel gards. It does'n cut all the mud, but it help keep the googles a little bit cleaner !!!! I was a motorcycle guy,for 45 years, i am 66 years old, so after my XR650, i am very glad i choose the TRX 700 xx !

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I had the same problem, so i went to Walmart, and i brought a set of pad for pick up truck. It's already cut the shape of the fenders and i bolt it . For the back, i brought rubber floor mat and cut it to fit behind the heel gards. It does'n cut all the mud, but it help keep the googles a little bit cleaner !!!! I was a motorcycle guy,for 45 years, i am 66 years old, so after my XR650, i am very glad i choose the TRX 700 xx !
What do you mean by a set of pad? I tried to think what it could be, but my mind is about done for the night. The floor mats for the rear sound simple enough. I hope to do the work on Wednesday - so hopefully I get to find out what you used on the front. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
What do you mean by a set of pad? I tried to think what it could be, but my mind is about done for the night. The floor mats for the rear sound simple enough. I hope to do the work on Wednesday - so hopefully I get to find out what you used on the front. Thanks!
i mean mud flap for pick-up truck !

1 - 12 of 12 Posts