Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can people who have removed the front fenders post some pics. Also does the headlight and grill still bolt back on with the front outer fender removed? Thanks

·
Registered
354 Posts
Can people who have removed the front fenders post some pics. Also does the headlight and grill still bolt back on with the front outer fender removed? Thanks

I had to put 2 zip ties on the bottom of my grill and the 2 fender mounts stick out near your knees, not enough to get in the way or anything, but they look dumb, so i put mine back on for now, there are also some small tabs that connect the hood to the fender, you can shave them with a razor blade held on a 45 degree angle and pulled very slowly towards you, then using some sandpaper, just smooth em out where you cut if theyre jagged, i really liked the look of mine, here's the only pic i have of them off, you can probably see the 2 neon green zip-ties holding the grill on towards the mottom of it...

·
Registered
755 Posts
Did the same with tie tie's and removed the paper part so its just the inside metal part of the tie tie's.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Guys,

I would remove your brackets, you're seriously going to mess up your knees.

I came so close to doing irreparable damage it's not funny.
My knees never came close to the brackets. I'm 5'8" and never had a problem with it.

·
Registered
354 Posts
I did the same thing except I put a rubber hose between the grill and the frame:

haha, looks good, yours match better than mine scuzz, its all i had though, lol...its way beter for wheelies, you can actually see !!!

·
Registered
354 Posts
Scuzz are your brackets off ? How did you secure your hood if they are ?

·
Registered
354 Posts
Wow, i never hit them, but i only had them off for a day or two, I could imagine them hitting something if you were to flip or slip off the pegs

So, i suppose there ya have it guys, it looks cool, but take off the mounts or at least cover them with some sort of padding, imagine your kneecap being riped off....OUCH !! I'm shaking like a queer in a hotdog stand thinking about it...

·
Premium Member
6,389 Posts

·
Registered
671 Posts
Here is a couple of pics of mine. I actually cut the portion of the bracket that sticks out off, figured if I ever wanted to run full fenders I would just buy new brackets.

Doug

Attachments

·
Registered
354 Posts
Yeah...get this. I was jumping at a sand pit and hit a piece of iron 6" wide that was barely bent up. My front tire hit the bend which made the buried part pop up and hit EXACTLY on my rear a-arm stopping me dead.

You just never know. I bet if I did that 100,000 more times I couldn't do that again.

same thing with the stupid log that almost rolled me, i went over about a million logs and rocks, there was a huge log, so i went around it and there was a really small one maybe 4 or 6 inches diameter MAX...popped up somehow and went between my a-arms and hit and bent my oil reservoir, ripped my ball joint boot, bent my brake hose clamp, broke my radiator shroud and just about pole vaulted me off the left hand side, i caught it sideways and my buddy helped hold it while i pulled the log, but he couldnt stop laughing because honestly, it seemed like how it jumped up in front of me was impossible...he said it attacked me when i was about 6 inches away from it, haha

maybe things like to come at the xx ? i mean it is a badass quad. mine even went as far as to rip the tags off a mattress last night !!!! :lmao:

seriously though, these things are big, be careful and very nice cutting the brackets by the way, i may actually once i get shocks...heck you can keep the pieces and even weld them back together...

·
Registered
57 Posts
Ok, why take the fenders off? As small as they are I still feel like they help when things get muddy.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Why ?

Didnt anyone tell you ? It gives you 7mph top speed !!!!

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

Seriously though...

Have you ever seen the matlock mobile ?

Looks cool as hell, it does give you better vision of your front end while on the ground as well as when wheelying and ability to hang way out over your tires in corners though and i'm not a mud bogger, so, front fenders arent an issue...theyre my reasons anyways...

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.