Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner

Front rim offsets 3:2 or 4:1

7K views 17 replies 9 participants last post by  trx700 
#1 ·
Hi i just got a set of omf bead locks and got the 3:2 reading some posts have got me worried that this may be negatively affect the handling? Would i be better getting the 4:1 offset. These are still brand new and unridden. The front a arms and suspension are stock at the moment. No spacers are used either. Thanks

#2 ·
The stock fronts are 31/2 : 11/2 offset ,think it was Wayne Matlock who said. I cannot see a problem running 3:2 offset. I have 4:1 on mine and was going to get a set of 3:2 to go alittle wider.
I had a set of 2:3 on Lonestar +21/2 " a-arms on the 450r and loved them for MX. I kinda like stiff steering.

#3 ·
find someone with some offset wheels and bolt them up, i'm sure you know someone with a set of 4/144 offset wheels, they should fit virtually any newer sport atv...that way you can use your own judgement and not ours because apparently some like it and some dont...

#7 ·
I have DWT front wheels with 3+2 offset and love them! I got the razr 2's at the same time and don't know if it's mainly the tires that made it better but a lot of the push is gone. The 3+2 offset makes it 47.4 inches wide up front and I ride really tight trails and never had a problem being too wide.

#9 ·
Widening the front with an offset or wheel spacers is said to give more feedback through the bars but its only .75" wider per side and I couldn't feel any more feedback. I do have a CCP stabilizer which I think is the best mod on any quad.

#10 ·
You should be fine with either offset, there is not a huge difference in handling. Yes, you may have a little bit more feedback with the 3:2 wheels, but it will not be that noticable. The problems with offsets are when you go to a 2:4 or even a flipped stock wheel, 1.5:4, then you can really feel the increased feedback. Stock wheels are 4:1.5 offset, so with 4:1 offset you will be about a inch narrower then stock, while 3:2 you will be a inch wider. If you are running stock arms and are looking for a little more width, go with the 3:2 offsets, they should work fine.

Doug

#12 ·
F**K! i thought the wide offset was 4+1! now i ordered narow front instead of wider!
UGH! S**T! now i think it is too late to redo the order, oh well, how does a wider offset help anyway?

#13 ·
hummm offset it's not the first number = outside and second inside???
exemple:
4+1 = 4 inch outside (valve side) and 1 inch inside

3+2 = 3 inc outside and 2 inch inside

i'm wrong?
plzz give me the right information, i order it soon!!!!

i want to be wider than stock, closest to my rear, 50.5 inch on 10in wheel!!!

thanks

#15 ·
If you have a 4:1 offset, it is 4" inside, 1" outside. 3:2 offset is 3" inside, 2" outside, etc. This is pretty much the industry standard to measure rim offsets.

Doug

#16 ·
3:2 is wider than 4:1

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.