Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
today we put a pair of front shocks from a 2012 honda 450r on my brothers 2012 400ex as almost a perfect fit besides the the welded nut for the plastics to screw to.
Any way, will these work on a 700xx????? are they shocks then what ever is on the 700 from the factory? and I do believe they are the piggy back style OEM on the 450r. Just a thought and had to ask the pros!
My brothers 400ex rides 100 times sweeter with the 450 r suspension on it compared to the oem 400 front shocks

·
Registered
165 Posts
you might want to do a search on front shock upgrades/swaps. the most popular are ds450 and ltr450 i'm not sure about the Honda 450 though.

·
Registered
671 Posts
The 450R shocks probably will just bolt on, but they are quite a bit shorter then the 700XX front shocks, something like over 1" shorter. Not sure what they would do to the handling, but my guess is they would lower the quad to much and possibly the frame could hit the ground before the shock bottoms out. Never tried the 450R shocks for myself, but that is what my instinct tells me.

Doug

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
so the ltr shocks or the ds 450 socks are the way to go? I didnt really research it on here. as i was doing the 400ex swap it just crossed my mind

·
Registered
165 Posts
i personally have the ds450 shocks and like them a lot over stock. not as good as some stage 2 elkas. but for around 100-200$ and a little time you get 5 times the shock that's on your bike now.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I have tried installing one, it completely bolt on, but I agree with D Bergstrom that shock is pretty much shorter compared to the stock of 700xx. How about just getting an aftermarket parts?

·
Super Moderator
5,860 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts